“Awesome photos”
Review of Alien Zone Area 51

Alien Zone Area 51
Ranked #1 of 9 Shopping in Roswell
Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

The shop itself has some alien stuff for sale, but the alian stages are the back are amazing to take funny pictures for just 3$, we only had 40 minites before they colsed (5pm) and we would have loved to stay longer!
Very recommended!

2  Thank KennethM116

Reviewed September 9, 2013

There is a separate room at the back of the shop where you can take some funny photos with aliens. It is not worth a detour but if you are in Roswell it is worth a quick visit. Admission is 3$ per adult.

2  Thank sunny260467
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We were driving through Roswell and decided to make a quick stop. After stopping at the Vistors Center in town the gentleman there recommended Alien Zone due to our kids being 5 and 7. When we walked in our first impression was "yikes big mistake". The sole employee paid us no attention and didn't even look at us when we entered. Very distinct odor in the store like old rubber and grandma's house. It was a Saturday afternoon so we were surprised to be the only ones in the store. We looked around a little and then noticed the AREA 51 door in the back. It had a note on it to purchase tickets in the front. So for 6 bucks we took the dare. We spent the next hour or so taking pictures and playing in the back area. Our kids loved all the alien scenes and the pictures were a big hit. This is exactly what our kids were hoping for in Roswell. We pretty much had the place to ourselves. We took a total of over 100 photos with different aliens. We ended up buying some shirts and I got a sweet FBI officical Fox Moulder bagde from the X-files.

Well worth the side trip, and excellent for our young kids. They just wanted to see aliens and have fun. This place more than covered it.

4  Thank myocastor1
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I'm glad that I looked on TripAdvisor before coming to Roswell. This place isn't well advertised, so I wouldn't have known that it existed if I hadn't seen it here. The store itself is right on the main street, but the back room where you can take pictures seems to be pretty well hidden and unadvertised.

This place was pretty cheap to get into ($3 for adults) and you basically go into a back room to take pictures of all different kinds of alien scenes. Your entrance fee is good for the entire day and you can come and go, but you really only need about 30 minutes to see everything.

It's definitely cheesy - there is nothing serious about this place, but that is what made it fun for my husband and me. We were able to insert ourselves into scenes of aliens at a bar, on the phone, on a motorcycle, a crashed spaceship, an alien autopsy and various other scenes. The whole point is to just have fun and take lots of pictures.

If you want something serious then you need to go somewhere else. If you want a few minutes of fun then go here.

My only complaint is that this place isn't well kept. It was dusty and old and some of the aliens and props were starting to fall apart. It would probably be much better if the owners kept it looking a little nicer. But instead it looks like nothing has been cleaned or updated in about 15 years. But with that being said, it's not expensive and it's not something that you would spend the whole day at, so I still think it's worth seeing.

Personally, I think that if you're in Roswell you have to do both cheesy and serious. The UFO museum is the place to go for the history of the Roswell crash and Alien Zone is the place to go for a little bit of cheesy alien fun. It's not a place that I would recommend going out of your way for, but if you're in town, I would say to definitely check it out.

6  Thank Brooklet425
Reviewed August 2, 2013

For just 3 dollars a person, me and my girlfriend had potentially some of the most fun we had in America (this coming from a couple who trekked to the bottom of the grand canyon......). Your 3 bucks buys you a pass into a back room which is jam packed with wacky alien scenes which you can take pictures with. This was the epitome of Roswell, NM for us with tacky cheap alien dolls as far as the eye could see dressed appropriately for various scenarios. Meanwhile the walls were decorated in very futuristic looking tin foil, silver wrapping paper, grey spray paint, dismantled VCR players and shiny blank CDs. We absolutely ADORED this place and it was definitely worth all $3.

3  Thank Zak R

Been to Alien Zone Area 51? Share your experiences!