“Pretty disappointing room” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 22 Hotels in Roswell
Albuquerque, NM
“Pretty disappointing room”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

We took a family trip down to Roswell and found this place off one of the major streets into town. Initially, the clerk was rather blaise about renting the room to my fiancee. She just quoted the amount of the room and handed her the key. We entered the room and immediately noticed a strong urine smell. The room only had a power strip for plugging in electrical devices, there was no soap or toilet paper in the bathroom, and no wi-fi access unless you went into the office. Needless to say we promptly asked for a refund within twenty minutes of arriving.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank serendipitycreator

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Hobbs
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

My husband & I stayed here while he was in town for his job. I emailed the motel and asked about weekly rates and if we left early would we our money be refunded if we had to leave early. I explained to them in my email that he could be transferred without early notice. I was told that our money would be refunded if we had to leave early. We did leave 2 days early and they did NOT refund our money. When I asked why not lady in the office said we got a special rate because we paid by the week. I pulled up the email where I had addressed this very issue and all she kept saying was she was sorry that they did not refund for early departure. That wasn't the worst part. Our room was the worst part. I sprayed bed when we first arrived. Removed the sheets and cover, replaced them with my own. I bleached the refrigerator because it had mold. Toilet had not been thoroughly cleaned inside or out. Bleached that too. Didn't walk on carpet without shoes. Only 1 outlet worked. Motel needs remodeling to be brought up to date. Had to call front office on 3 different occasions because of noise from other guest. We would have been no worse off had we decided to sleep in our vehicle.

• Stayed November 2013
      Rooms
2 Thank CFowlerXI

Travelers are raving about these Roswell hotels

Corpus Christi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

We arrived in Roswell about 6 pm on Sept 1st.I booked this room after reading about it on Trip Advisor.The rate was $60 per night.The room had a microwave,fridge,flat screen and a desk.
It was a little small,but clean and well equipped.There is a continental breakfast also.
Parking was parallel to the front of the room and the place was extremely quiet.The owners were helpful and friendly and there was a Mexican restaurant next door for which the motel had discount coupons.Nearby-across the street-was a IHOP and a Dennys.All in all,this is probably the best deal in Roswell for the money.Almost every business in town has green aliens on the walls,windows,etc.Even a music store had aliens holding the instruments in the windows.Fast food places often have alien statues near the doors for pictures and there is an alien musuem.There is also a Super WalMart north of there up the road.The prices are a bit steep there($1.61 lb bananas for instance),but it was available.Best deal.

Room Tip: Stay further to the rear from the main highway if possible! The rooms are reasonably dark which does...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank jmdrmd2
Clyde, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

Left Albuquerque Hospital on the way to Abilene and wore out my eyes so stopped in Roswell at the Budget Inn. The hand town is filthy. Everywhere I look is dirt. Under the old cranky air conditioner is a tray of moldy water. If we weren't so worn out I would move. It is gross and disgusting.

• Stayed July 2013
      Rooms
2 Thank Ppoupore
Roswell, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I was needing a place to stay for a few days so I decided to check in there because I have heard that they were not to expensive. But to my dismay they refused to give me a room because I had a Roswell driver license.

The person at the desk explained to me that it was a city regulation. Never heard of that before. So i went up the street to another hotel and checked in. ridiculous! Oh yes the budget inn i went to is the other one on 2nd street.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo