“Good homestyle cooking and friendly service”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Cowboy Cafe

Cowboy Cafe
Ranked #6 of 127 Restaurants in Roswell
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Diner
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Pearland, Texas
“Good homestyle cooking and friendly service”
Reviewed August 13, 2014

While in Roswell we found a couple of gems on Tripadvisor and this place was one of them (Big D's Diner was the other). We did not know what to expect when we drove up to the place as it was a few blocks off the main strip and the building looked pretty ragged and dilapidated from the outside. I know from experience this usually means that a place is either really good or really bad with no space in between. Luckily it turned out to be really good!!

We went for breakfast and discovered the place was pretty small on the inside but was a friendly and lively place with plenty of food to go around. There was one open table at the time and we were lucky enough to get there at the right moment. A lot of the customers seemed to be locals that go here to eat before they begin their daily activities.

I ordered the chicken fried steak plate as seen the picture below which also came with a decent portion of hash browns, oatmeal and toast. This was more than enough to hold me over for quite a while that day. Everyone else in our group ordered something different and it was all good. The pancakes were also very good. You won't be hungry for a long time after eating here so its really great if you are passing through town and will be on the road for many hours after that. The service was very prompt and friendly also. The lunch items looked great as well, but maybe I'll try them next time.

The only possible downside is that the place is not that big so you may have to wait for a table if you get there at a busy time. Its also a few blocks off the main strip and our GPS got a little confused on the address for some reason and were wondering if the place was still there or we passed it. Just keep on going and I promise you will see it! Come on down if you are in Roswell and are hungry!

• Visited August 2014

“Nice staff, busy, great food”
Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

This is my first review. This was a great little place with such a friendly staff and good food! I ordered breakfast but the hamburgers looked wonderful as they were coming out!

Carlsbad, New Mexico
“Best breakfast in years!”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

I found this place on Trip Advisor and took the kids. It was real cowboy sized breakfast. I had some of the best scrambled eggs ever and the kids enjoyed giant hot cakes. Great service too. A true hole in the wall treasure!

• Visited August 2014
“Awesome Experience!”
Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

I found this place on Trip Advisor and decided to try it out, wanting to eat at a small, local place in Roswell. The staff was friendly and our waitress couldn't have been nicer. The food was delicious and tasted like something my mother would make. My boyfriend was apprehensive about going here, but once inside the cafe, he was happy I found it! Such a wonderful experience and will go back next time I'm in the area!!

2 Thank StinaPitoscia
Burleson, Texas
“I can't say enough good things...”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

We ate here for breakfast. We got a lot of great food for very little money. The friendly service can't be beat. Our waitress kept our coffee cups full and she was very nice to our children. I had the Country Breakfast, my wife had the biscuits and sausage gravy, and our kids had the french toast. Everyone loved their food. Breakfast was delicious and we left with a smile.

• Visited July 2014

Been to Cowboy Cafe? Share your experiences!