“Cheesy name, good food, great service”

Tia Juana's Grille & Cantina
Ranked #15 of 128 Restaurants in Roswell
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Stayed next door at Hampton Inn. Tired of driving from New Orleans, and walking at. Mardis Gras, so we rolled the dice. Some other reviews said the pace was not good, including a GI (thanks for your service) who said he had better in Iraq. If so, Uncle Sam's grub has gotten a lot better since I was in. We really liked the place. Home made tortillas and chips. Good salsa that we got thirds on. Our waitress one of the best we had on a long road trip. My wife even gave her some beads. She was so cute. You would have thought it was a big deal. The servings were big, drinks good and the food was much better than expected. Will go again if we are in Alien City.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

On a tight budget, but want to still eat food with flavor?
What I liked about Tia Juana's: Four tacos and a beer for $5! Boom!

Reviewed February 8, 2013

We stopped by on our Journey back home and decided to give this place a try. The decor was nice and inviting and the waitress was pleasant. The only downfall was the food :( I had a chimichonga with rice and beans, my spouse had a taco salad, and my daughter had a kids taco plate with rice. The taco salad looked nice and tasty. My plate however was not so tasty. The rice was ridiculously salty to the point where even my 5 year old couldn't finish her rice because it was just way too salty. The beans on my plate looked like they had been sitting there for hours to the point where they were dry and crusty on the top and the shredded beef inside my burrito was pink and brown. It didn't look cooked all the way. It was topped with green chili sauce which looked as if they barely added any sauce at all and the guacamole was brown and old tasting. I couldn't even finish my dish. I think they could use a little taste testing for quality control before sending their food out like this. The only one thing that was worth it was our iced tea and chips and salsa.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

We sat in the bar and had appies and a few drinks after a long day on the road. The service was very spotty and the food was nothing special.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

My husband daughter and I spent the night in Roswell and this looked like a nice Mexican restaurant for dinner. Unfortunately, the food was horrible, the worst tamales, chicken fajitas and shrimp cocktail ever. The ambiance was nice and the waitress tried her best but the food was terrible. Stay away from this place.

1  Thank Aifo

Been to Tia Juana's Grille & Cantina? Share your experiences!