“Are we rating the same place?”
Review of El Toro Bravo

El Toro Bravo
Ranked #22 of 127 Restaurants in Roswell
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Los Angeles, California
“Are we rating the same place?”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I did not read these reviews before we went in, and I wish I had, but as I look at them now they seem to be the exact experience we had or a completely different place.

As my family and I entered and saw the food all over the floor and tables, but oddly no plates, we knew something was wrong. Yet this restaurant is in the heart of the city, so we stayed.

It was suggested that I get the buffet and I went over to look at it, but there was no food. We were told more food would be brought out. This was a falsity. The very little food we got was from a can or box.

The credits I can give to this place is that we did not get ill, and there was also a great bakery next door. I ate more there!

• Visited July 2013

“Pretty good place right in downtown.”
Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

Overall this place is nothing to write home about but it was recommend by a local so we gave it a try. The food was pretty good and all 7 of us in our party got something different. No one had any complaints and we were all miserably full when we were done. The waitstaff was very friendly but their service was only mediocre.

• Visited July 2013
Montesano, Washington, Usa
“Torta was good.”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

The location is great. You can park here and walk the downtown area. That is what we had done so we decided to duck in and have a bite to eat. The tamales with red sauce were not what I expected. Ate almost one and called it quits. Rice and beans were typical. The torta was good..nothing special but good. The waitress was very friendly, service was good.

• Visited June 2013
Farmington, New Mexico
“OK but no special”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Walked the six blocks here from Margaritas when we walked out over the horrible food. Food was edible, but that was about it. Service was much better.

Visited June 2013
Willemstad, Curacao
“Mexican-American Main Street fare”
Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

Same plate of Mexican-American food I've had in similar diners all over the USA. Good food, hits the spot if you're hungry, good value for the money; but nothing alien or unexpected here!

• Visited June 2013

Been to El Toro Bravo? Share your experiences!