“Very clean”

Holiday Inn Roswell
Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Roswell
Reviewed August 1, 2014

This hotel clerks were very helpful and friendly. The room was great and clean beds, you could not ask for more. Breakfast was a typical express meal but well stocked and clean area. Will return if in the area.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SDC73

Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is by far the nicest (newest?) in town. Staff members were very friendly and service-oriented. We ate dinner & breakfast - food was much better than expected! Rooms are clean, nothing fancy, but definitely a good value. Highly recommend.

Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Cox209
Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here during the UFO Festival and was very happy with the hotel. After checking out and returning home to another state, I realized I had left my flat iron behind. I had been storing it in a cubby where the hotel hair dryer was located to keep it out of the way when I wasn't using it. We called the hotel and found the customer service lacking. My biggest concern however is that the flat iron has not turned up. I understand I am at fault for leaving it behind. The manager who called confirmed that the room had not been occupied since our check out. She reported staff had not found it. This isn't a piece of jewelry that could have fallen off anywhere or a pair of sunglasses I could have lost somewhere else. It is an expensive flat iron that I took from my house to the hotel. I did my hair at the hotel. I had one small duffel bag that I packed for the weekend which went straight into the room and then straight home. So where did my flat iron go? My guess is home with a staff member. I won't be staying at this chain again if my belongings aren't secure.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Heather W
Monica G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Roswell, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2014

Dear Heather W,

I am sorry to hear of the troubles you incurred during your recent stay. I have looked into this matter. Please contact me at your earliest convenience. I can be reached at 575-623-3216.

Reviewed July 6, 2014

We travel the country and try to stay in Holiday Inn's or Hampton inn. Very disappointed in this one. Our upgraded room deluxe as they called it was not anything special. Had a small love seat area. It was clean. After several calls we could not get the Internet to work. The next morning they did give us a credit of 10.00- whoop whoop! The worst was that the pillows were super hard. Usually they have a few different pillows to choose from. My neck hurt and I did not sleep well.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Amart57

Dear Amart57,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Roswell. We would like to apologize for the inconveniences you incurred during your stay. We understand the importance of creating a stay that is comfortable and pleasant. Your review is greatly appreciated and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

I came here for my son's graduation. The room we stayed in smelled terrible, the smell came from the bathroom. We talked to a worker and said they would do something about it, and didn't. We forgot two expensive suits in the closet, called them the day after, and they said they didn't find them. Called them again later, and kept saying they were not there. Overall the rooms were good looking, but smelled bad, and the staff didn't do anything about it.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Leonardo P
Joey L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Roswell, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2014

Leonardo P.,

Please accept my sincerest apologies regarding your stay at the Holiday Inn in Roswell, NM. We have been trying effortlessly to get in contact with you regarding your lost and found items. Please email me at joey@ambiencehospitality.com so that I can get your items returned to you. I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed May 17, 2014

The Holiday Inn is probably the newest hotel in town. I was greeted at the front desk by someone who was apparently in training. He was overseen by another employee and together they did a good job. I had a king suite and it was a nice room. There was a small sofa bed, fridge and microwave. Nice that there are plugs on the table lamps so you can charge your phone. A well though out room. The bathroom is adequate for a motel. Only criticism is that the carpet was already showing wear in the room and the hall. I had breakfast there and it was a buffet. Actually not as good as some free breakfasts I have had at other hotels. But the waitress was excellent and it was nice to have small TVs at the booths. This was fine for a one or two night stay and I would recommend it for that.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank mcbr
Reviewed May 15, 2014

The room was really nice, bed was comfortable. Staff was very nice also and very helpful. I asked if I could park the Harley close by so they could keep an eye on it. They said it was no problem for them to do that. The lady who checked us was very helpful in telling us the good sites to see.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple