“holiday inn”

Holiday Inn Roswell
Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Roswell
Reviewed November 28, 2013

It was a good place to stay on the road. We liked every thing the bed was great and it was very clean no weird smells good pilows are a must.Like the attendant and like I said no wierd smells. Carpet was very clean.

Room Tip: very nice room didn't like you had to pay for breakfast. The property was beautiful.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Roswell

Reviewed November 25, 2013

This was a nice stay in Roswell. The hotel is brand new and in gorgeous condition. The styling of the hotel is very up-to-date and I really liked it. The room itself was also really nice and a good use of space. The TV in the room was also HUGE and great picture. My only complaint about the stay was that the TV didn't have a sleep timer and the remote was broken. Most buttons didn't work and some buttons didn't do as they were labeled (power button was really the previous channel button) so we had to get up to turn the tv off and adjust the volume. There is no free breakfast at this location. The main reason I booked this hotel was because of the Oasis bar being in the lobby. Oasis was fairly crowded each evening with people who weren't even staying in the hotel. It seemed like a pretty popular location and the bartender was fantastic. We had an awesome pumpkin cider cocktail and were excited to try some local brews. We also had a pecan beer which was really really good. Despite no breakfast, I was still happy I booked this hotel. The bar was super convenient to relax at after a long day of travel and we didn't have to worry about driving anywhere. We stayed here 2 nights and it was a great pick. The parking lot was also large, well-lit and felt safe. This was important to us because we were traveling with our bikes and gear and wanted to keep them in the car.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank travelcal033
Reviewed November 21, 2013

This place was really nice. Your continental breakfast isn't free and you have to sit down and basically get waited on which causes you to leave a tip while you are eating the *Complimentary breakfast*. Luckily for us we were the "Guests of the day", which is a really nice concept. It gave us a free room upgrade, gave us the complimentary breakfast, and a free glass of wine. The breakfast is decent, but the best part of the hotel is the really nice new hotel. I think it has been open for less than a year.

If you are heading north it is perfect for escaping town fast because it is on the norther part of the city.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Clintonwoods
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I attended a Porcelain Seminar at this Holiday Inn in Roswell, N.M.. It had to be the best experience I have had in years. The rooms are spotless, the staff were the best. Susie the waitress was just the nicest lady she made sure each of us ladies were served correctly and fast with the greatest personality. The meeting room was very comfortable. I just can't say enough about what a great place this was to stay in. Thank you for all of the hard work in order for our Seminar to be so nice and three very quiet comfortable nights.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sharon F
Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I had to stay in local hotel due to plumbing problems. It's a lovely new modern hotel with bar/restaurant. Room was spotless with comfy bed. Food at restaurant was very good. Very friendly staff. Quick check-in. Highly recommend.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LyleandTerry
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Nice hotel comfy beds. Nice staff gave us a big room as there were 3 of us guys. Close to shops. The staff were all friendly and nice to chat with. The breakfast waitress even topped up my flask with orange juice. Thank you again to her. It would have been even better if they included breakfast with our stay. But that's just an additional $9 for the cold Buffett. A good hotel.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Maldivesdiver68
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Nice, new hotel, very representative of the HI brand. The lobby has a bright decor. It is VERY bright if you are checking in after 1700. I had to wait about 25 minutes to check in. There was only one person available at the front desk and there were two other people ahead of me. I don't think they had reservations because it took FOREVER to get them situated. I think I would have attempted to call for some help if I had customers in line longer than 15 mins, but that's just me. The front desk girl was very friendly, though, despite that she was a bit overwhelmed with lines of customers and phone calls. She handled it much better than I would have.

My room was clean when I finally got in there. Even though the outside temps were in the 80's the room was hot, so it took a while to get it cooled down. The bed has plenty of fluffy pillows and I slept like a log.....The first night. This seems to be a popular hotel, and there are a lot of people in and out. Loud people. People that insist on letting the doors bang every 30 seconds. People that bring their yappy, puntable dogs and think the constant barking is cute. People who think their rowdy rugrats are so special they don't need discipline. It seems like this hotel catered to those types. So yes, you can hear everything. You can even hear inside the rooms when walking down the hall.

The AC appears to be motion activated, so again, the room will be hot if you are gone all day and come back in the evenings. Also, I got really hot at night because the air would not come on without me getting up. It sucked, mainly because I am normally cold all the time, so for me to get hot is rare.

I was disappointed, very disappointed, to find that drip coffee downstairs was $2/cup. Wow. Of course, you can get foofoo coffee and I can understand paying for that, but real coffee? $2? Ok, so you can make the gross coffee in your room, that is included. Nothing in the lobby like other hotels.

Breakfast: The hotel offers the typical heat and serve breakfast fare, for $12. Now, that can include eggs made to order, but other than that, it's the same eggs, potatoes, meat, that you find for free at other hotels. It even tastes the same. If you don't want the hot stuff, you can get yogurt, fruit, cereal for $9. I guess these prices include the $2 drip coffee. Whatever. I don't like any hotel heat and serve breakfast, so it didn't bother me. I did get a coupon for 10% off when I checked in, and apparently, you can include breakfast in the price of your room when you book.

The restaurant in the hotel was quite convenient and the food was decent. They had TV's in the bar area with sports or game shows on. I recommend the Scampi, and sometimes a burger if it's not overcooked. Caesar Salad was good, too. They have the cheap, light beers on tap. Their saving grace was they had Shiner Bock in a bottle.

The staff was continually friendly throughout my stay. I often spoke with the housekeeping lady, Stella, I think. She was very friendly and I enjoyed seeing her.

You know, the only thing that bothered me was the coffee thing, but I would probably stay here again, because the folks were nice and the price was cheap.

Room Tip: Don't expect complimentary coffee in the lobby area.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank redhousecat
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Roswell, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Dear redhousecat,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review regarding your recent stay. I am very happy that you liked our staff and the service provided. However, please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconveniences you have experienced during your stay with us. rest assured that your comments are being shared with the hotel management and appropriate action will be taken. We take all comments into consideration and welcome any opportunity to improve. If there is anything you need next time you stay with us, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Karen G.