“Good stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 22 Hotels in Roswell
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Good stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

I stayed here for a business trip. My room was very clean and nicely decorated. I slept well, and breakfast was good. Staff at the front desk were very friendly. An uneventful stay, but I consider that a good thing! I would certainly recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

This property is nice, but I ended up checking out early because I had trouble sleeping here. The beds are extremely firm. Staff is attentive, rooms are clean, but the walls aren't super thick so you'll probably hear some noise from your neighbors. Hotel has a nice outdoor pool and the breakfast is above average for a Fairfield. I'd consider staying here again if it wasn't for the firm beds.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
Kenosha, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

This is a bit of a mixed review. The hotel itself is very nice, and the front desk people are helpful and friendly. The room was clean and nicely appointed. The breakfast was also very good, and the wifi in the room worked fine. The location is good. It is about 6 blocks to "downtown," and there is a nice steakhouse next door. (See our separate review for Cattle Baron). On the not-so-great side, the mattresses are very firm (read "hard"), and they have those under-window AC units that are pretty noisy, so the sleep quality was not great - lots of tossing and turning and waking up in the night.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
St. Johns, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

WORST STAY EVER!!!! My mom and I got checked in and went to our room. Not even 15 minutes later a man walked into our room! The front desk had given the guest after us keys to our room!!!! We were horrified and scared for our safety. We requested to be moved to a different room and they put us on the second floor. Around midnight we were woken up by doors slamming, the sound of people running up and down the halls, and constant beating on the floor above us. When I went to the front desk I found out they put a high school baseball team above us! I will NEVER stay at this hotel again!

Room Tip: If you decide to go ahead and stay here, insist on a top floor.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
GENERALMANAGERFFIS, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Roswell, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
I can assure you that this is not a normal occurance for our property and that this will never happen again. As a Marriott property we strive to provide the highest levels of customer service and always work to exceed your expectations. I would like to extend my apologies once again about the occurances that happened during your stay and hope you will be willing to give us another try in the future.

Dawn Ortega
Ramstein-Miesenbach, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

We stopped here on our way to Carlsbad Caverns and found the hotel to be quiet and the service impeccable. Our kids thoroughly enjoyed the pool and hot tub and even though the rooms are on the small side, they were comfortable and the beds excellent.

Room Tip: Rooms on the east side don't get as much traffic noise, but get more train noise
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank juwaraba
Clovis, NM
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

We checked in late and got a Handicapped room on the first floor with two double beds. The Fairfield was fully booked but I had made an advance reservation. I am a Gold member but was not recognized as such at check in -not a big deal. The property appears to have been remodeled since my stay a few years ago. The handicapped room bathrooom was specifically designed for handicapped use. It was very large. Many handicapped bathrooms at many motels are simply modified from an existing bathroom and are much smaller. If I was handicapped I would stay at this property. The room was comfortable -a typical Fairfield room and immaculate. The lobby had two computers for use by guests and was also immaculate and comfortable. The breakfast on Sunday featured eggs, sausage, and the other breakfast items typical of a Fairfield. Overall this was an excellent property, effectively managed and spotless. I'll stay here on any trip to Roswell.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the lobby area are quieter.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Alamogordo, New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

I recently stayed at this property and found it to be ok, but not as nice as other Marriot properties. I am a Marriot Rewards member and thought this property had lower standards than the other properties I stayed at.The rooms are small and the interior is really cheesy. They need to update the look. I felt like I was in the 1970's. They charge you $4.95 for WI-FI. This should be free in the rooms. Most hotels such as Holiday Inn offer free Wi-Fi in the rooms. The breakfast was the standard low quality hotel food you would expect for a Best Western or Holiday Inn. There was nothing that made Fairfield stand out more than the other hotels. The pool was outside and was useless because it was 22 degrees out. I won't be staying here again.

Room Tip: If you have kids get a suite. The rooms with double beds are miserably small for families bigger tha...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
GENERALMANAGERFFIS, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Roswell, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
I wanted to apologize for the average experience you had at our property. As a Marriott property we strive to impress all of our guests and we will be learning from your feedback in order to better our business and facility. As a Marriott property we do offer FREE wireless internet to all of our guests as well as an upgraded internet for a fee of $4.95. The $4.95 internet is intended for guests needing to stream music or movies etc... . As for the pool, it is a heated outdoor pool and spa which can be used most of the year but we have experienced a few extra cold days these past few weeks. We went through a major renovation a couple years ago in order to get our "Green Tea" design package. We consistently try to maintain our appearance and appeal to guests staying with us but any feedback is most helpful. I apologize and sincerly hope you will give our property another chance in the near future.