The Fairfield Inn was a pleasant surprise. It appears to have been recently remodeled and has a fresh, modern vibe. The room and other areas of the hotel were very clean. The included breakfast buffet was the best I have seen and the food was tasty and fresh. The fare included waffles, egg sandwiches, cereal, fruits, yogurts, juices and coffee. Everything was fresh.
The hotel pool and hot tub were clean and in good working order. The lighted pool patio area was a pleasant place to read a book late into the evening. The area is busy, but the hotel room was quiet, and only a mile or two drive to the UFO Museum. Also, the customer service was excellent. When checking in/out I felt that the staff really cared about my visit/experience.
While in Roswell don't miss the UFO Museum located on 114 N.Main. Whether you are a believer or not, the presented information and displays really make you think about what may have happened. Also on Main street there are some delightful stores. We visited Space Center which has a marvelous black light "sideshow" called Space Walk. It was $2 to get in and well worth it. Another store with a "sideshow" is Cosmic Juke Box. There you can step into an alien display and take your own photos. Their charge was $3.
For those wanting to visit the actual crash site location...good luck! We attempted and found basic driving directions on-line. Note that the site is 75+miles outside of Roswell. It is very slow going over barely paved 1 lane roads, through nothingness. Some cattle, sheep and tranatulas call the area home. On very rare occasion you may need to pull over as far as possible to allow a cattle truck to go by. There is no cell, radio or internet in this area. GPS maybe if you have coordinates (which we didn't). In other words, let someone know where you are heading, take water, snacks, hiking shoes (if your car breaks down you may need to walk quite awhile),jacket, sunblock. According to our directions we were within 3-4 miles of the site, but the road became to rough for our car to clear, so we turned around.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fairfield Inn & Suites is located in the heart of Roswell. The Fairfield Inn & Suites is less than five minutes from the Convention center, UFO Museum, New Mexico Military Institute, and 4 of Roswell's favorite locally owned restaurants. Now offering complimentary Hot Breakfast and complimentary High Speed Internet, this hotel is a home away from home. The outdoor heated pool, spa, and barbeque area are open year round as well as a convenient fitness center on site. The newly renovated modern decor makes this place stand out in the Roswell area and a great destination for any Roswell visitor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity and Cancelon so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites Roswell reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn And Suites Roswell
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Roswell Hotel Roswell
- Fairfield Inn Roswell
- Fairfield Roswell
- Fairfield Inn Hotel Roswell
- Roswell Fairfield Inn