“Friendly Service and Good Food”

Martin's Capitol Cafe
Ranked #8 of 128 Restaurants in Roswell
Cuisines: Southwestern
Description: http://www.yelp.com/biz/martins-capitol-cafe-roswell
Description: http://www.yelp.com/biz/martins-capitol-cafe-roswell
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I recently passed through Roswell (first time in over 20 years). I decided to check-out Martin´s Capitol Cafe as I remembered it had good food. I was not disappointed. Very tasty plus the waitstaff was very friendly.

Reviewed December 25, 2012

In my opinion, they make one fine green chili hamburger. I like cheese ok, but just not on my hamburger, and the Capitol Cafe comes through very nicely.

They are downtown and easy to get too. Parking is no problem. Just a real nice place to have lunch.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

If the locals (and law enforcement types) pack a place, there's a reason. Good food, reasonably priced, and efficient service. My bowl of green chile stew was full of veggies I don't normally associate with the dish, like carrots and celery, but it was delicious. The house salsa is good and the accompanying chips were flavored with a little chile powder. A nice touch. Next time I'm in town, this is where I'm having breakfast. The offerings sound terrific.

1  Thank NMDave
Reviewed September 4, 2012

The restaurant may not look impressive; don't let that fool you. Just ask the locals about this place; it's the best in town for "new mexican" food. New Mexico is the land of green chilis; this place is the best in Roswell to get it. If you want to enjoy some local flavor; come here. You will find the prices are right too.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

Roswell has its own style of Mexican food and this is a good example. Consistent food, the chicken choices are my preference, I am not crazy about the way they season their ground beef. Red and green chili are both good, endless chips and salsa and drink refills, full of locals all the time. Take out but no delivery. Fast and inexpensive. The sopapillas are huge--be warned.

Been to Martin's Capitol Cafe? Share your experiences!