New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Comfort Suites Roswell

Comfort Suites Roswell
Ranked #5 of 22 Hotels in Roswell
Buda, Texas
“hotel and all staff were great.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2014

Family and I three children ages 8-17 booked a hotel room #307 last week aug 3-7 2014 for a summer vacation and explore the aliens, the room rate was cheaper online however for some reason I wasnt able to book online, when I called the hotel the nice lady gave me the same rate over the phone as online which alot of hotels will tell you thats only online prices. After I was asked if their were any military or veterans which my husband is so we received a veteran discount. Very cheap rate 104. For 2 queen beds plus a full pull out bed, two flat screens, refrigerator, micro, safe, marble and granite everywhere. Very clean and beautiful room. Breakfast was great and 24 hour coffee and coacoa which my teens loved.i was afraid of booking online almost booked with days inn down the st glad I didnt, all in all id stay here every time I was in town. Dont know what all these other people are talking about clean, big rooms filled with marble and granite. And nice staff. Indoor pool is alittle small but it was not so busy when we stayed so we had it to our selves. Jacuzzi was nice hot and clean .so if you need a hotel id tell you its awesome. I give them a great rating. Also try the bottomless lakes they have a great swimming hole which you can rent paddle boats for 10.00 so cold and clean and white sands. I loved comfort suites!!!

Room Tip: 307 was our room two queen beds and a pull out full. Very clean and fancy.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank victoria v
Stacie B, General Manager at Comfort Suites Roswell, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Thank you for staying with us at Comfort Suites, Roswell, NM. We appreciate your business. We realize that you have many choices of hotels and we are happy that you chose us. If there is anything you feel we could do better please do not hesitate to let me know. We are always looking for ways to improve and be #1 in Roswell.

We look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Stacie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2014 via mobile

Room felt dirty when we walked in. There is stains on the carpet and random dirt or something else left behind. I am so tired and I don't even want to get in the bed. The place we originally wanted to stay at was all booked up. I have a toddler with us and don't want him to touch anything. =(

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Good evening, I wanted to take this opportunity to apologize on behalf of myself and my entire staff for failing to meet your expectations while staying with us. Customer service and cleanliness is our #1 priority and I am sorry that you feel we failed in these areas. I have personally addressed your issues and concerns with all of my staff and we have implemented more room checks to make sure this does not happen again.

Once again, I am sorry for the issues and hope that you will give us a second chance to prove to you just how wonderful our hotel truly is.

Gulf Breeze
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

Awesome hotel and an awesome stay. There are different room designs and setups. I was fortunate enough to be in a room with two showers in one bathroom. The design was fresh with large rain drop shower heads. The comforter was new and everything about the room and hotel was awesome. Even the lighting was fresh and updated. So much so I stayed a second day. Just be sure to get a new "red room"

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
I would like to thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay with us at Comfort Suites, Roswell, NM was. I am happy to know that you enjoyed our property. I know that you have many choices of hotels here in Roswell and we are glad that you chose us.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2014

Our hotel room was so much more than we were expecting! This hotel was a stopping point before a long ride home after a week's long vacation. It was a very well decorated room with a great layout. I'm sorry that we weren't able to enjoy the room for a longer time period. We appreciated the layout of the seating for the breakfast area, it was more like a restaurant, not several small tables jammed in a small area. There was a nice variety offered for breakfast also. I'm not sure I've ever been able to give all Excellent marks in every category before. This was a much higher grade hotel than any previous Comfort Suites that we've stayed in before.

Room Tip: We chose a King Suite with the sofabed/sitting area.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank RyliesMimi2014
Good Evening,

I wanted to take this opportunity to say thank you for choosing to stay with us at Comfort Suites, Roswell, NM. I appreciate you choosing to stay with us. I hope that you and your family felt at home while staying with us. It is very important to me and my staff that all of our guests feel like family when at our property.

I thank you again and hope that you will return soon to see us.

Gulf Breeze, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

We chose this hotel on a trip through New Mexico because it was rated number one by Trip Advisor reviewers. I can only say that I would hate to have seen the number two property in Roswell. We arrived late and the first room we were given was a large handicapped accessible room. After finding that the sheets on one of beds was badly stained, and I mean a large, obvious stain running at least two feet, the night clerk showed us to another room on the same floor. On the way, we saw that the hall carpet was badly stained and appeared dirty, with white specks which could have easily been vacuumed. The new room's carpet also appeared not to have been vacuumed, nor had the bathroom been cleaned thoroughly. The clerk checked the sheets with me and they appeared to be clean and fresh. As it was late and we were travel weary, we accepted the room and stayed the night.
I reviewed the room on the hotel web site when I received an email request from them. I got an email response to my review from the manager, Stacie B., saying that she would be addressing this with the staff. However, from reading other reviews on Trip Advisor and on the hotel web site, not much has been done. I cannot recommend this hotel. Surely, this level of maintenance cannot be acceptable at other places in Roswell.

Room Tip: Find one in another hotel.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
      Location
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
1 Thank ThomB123
Stacie B, General Manager at Comfort Suites Roswell, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
I want to take this opportunity to apologize on behalf of myself and staff for failing to meet your expectations while at our property. We have hired some new housekeepers and have been training them to properly clean the rooms and public areas to guests satisfaction. I realize this is no reason for the issues you experienced but I do want you to know that we are on top of it. We are currently checking more rooms everyday and if available we check all rooms now.

I hope that you stay with us again and give us a second chance to WOW you with our wonderful hotel and staff.

Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014

It has been a busy road-tripping summer, and I have stayed in several hotels lately with my family. This is by far the best value and the least expensive and the nicest rooms. We stayed in a suite with two queens and a pull-out sofa bed. There was plenty of space, even with the pull-out pulled out. My kids enjoyed the hot-tub (the pool was suspiciously murky, so we stayed out) and I was thrilled to have a lmini-fridge and free WiFi. Even better, our room was directly above the work-out room and laundry, so I didn't have to worry about my kids making too much noise for the hotel patrons below.

The breakfast was reasonably good and offered many options: cereal, yogurt, waffles, eggs and sausage patties, juice, toast. Lots of hotels offer this type of breakfast, but often the quality of the food is too low to really enjoy it or the options are all-white and sugary.

There are 2 reasons I didn't give it an overall rating of excellent: the murky pool and the front desk. We had a very hard time getting through on the phone, and when we did, we were put on hold for 10 minutes. When we showed up in person to check in or to ask a question once we were in the hotel, there were no problems.

We will definitely stay here again if our travels bring us this way again!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
Good Evening,

Thank you for staying with us at Comfort Suites in Roswell, NM. We appreciate your business. I wanted to apologize for the murky. We switched chemicals and the first few days the pool was very cloudy and then it seemed to clear up. We will definitely stick with our old chemicals in the future. I also want to say I am sorry for the issues with the phones and the front desk. We have been having some work done on the phone lines and hope that everything is all taken care of now and guests will not experience this in the future. I do have some new front desk agents and I have spoken with all of them to make sure they know how important it is to be at the front desk at all times to take care of our guests.

I hope that you will stay with us again in the near future.

Cairo, Egypt
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

Stayed at the Comfort Suites for the 4th of July - we were treated to an excellent fire work display from our third floor window.

This hotel and others seem to be on the opposite side of town as the major Roswell Tourist attractions which seemed odd. Not sure why the city planners have done this, I guess cheaper and more open land.

Very pleased with our stay, hotel is to Comfort Inn standards, no complaints. We did receive a complaint from the front desk, coming from the room below us. . . "too much noise above". It seems the floors are hollow, even with our three little ones not playing, just walking on the floor seemed to create noise. So...if you are sensitive to ceiling noise, I would suggest staying on the third floor.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Stacie B, General Manager at Comfort Suites Roswell, responded to this review, July 12, 2014
Thank you for staying with us at Comfort Suites, Roswell. We appreciate your business. I am pleased to know that your stay with us was successful and that you were happy with our hotel. I appreciate you letting us know and hope you will pass along the good word to anyone coming to our area.

We hope to see you again soon.