“Excellent rooms. Friendly Staff”

Comfort Suites Roswell
Ranked #5 of 22 Hotels in Roswell
Sydney, Australia
“Excellent rooms. Friendly Staff”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

We have just spent two nights at the Comfort Suites in Roswell, New Mexico. The rooms are excellent with spacious living area. The King Size bed is great and the hotel facilities are first class. The breakfast is very good with hot scramble eggs and mini burgers. The staff are very friendly and helpful. Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Roswell.

Room Tip: If staying for more than one night, select a King Suite as the separate living area makes it more re...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank William H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
San Diego, California
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Excellent staff, checked in with no issues, room was set and we were ready for goodnght sleep after driving for fifteen hours. Stayed their two nights, very quiet location. Outside mornings were chilly yet inside they had the firepalce going which was quite toasty and inviting. Morning coffee was excellent. There are numerous hotels in the area, some farther south in town but I am pleased we selected this location, it gave us an opportunity to view the town a bit more. Would definitly stay again and will use the chains other properties.

Room Tip: Our room was on the second floor, window facing south; all very quiet during night as nothing else i...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Rick T
Edmond, Oklahoma
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised that the room was so nice. The hotel didn't look like anything special from the outside, but the room was impressive. Very nicely decorated with granite countertops on the furniture. It has a spacious sitting room area, two TVs, and nice lighting. This was an unplanned stop in Roswell and I was not expecting the room to be that elegant. There were a couple of minor issues, some of which have been mentioned by other reviewers. It took a long time to get hot water and the shower never did get very hot. I thought it was just me, but the water coming out of the sink smelled like gasoline. Perhaps they are using some kind of petroleum distillate to clean the metal sink. Just in case, I didn't drink the water out of the tap. I came down for breakfast just as they were shutting down the line. (It closes at 9:00 on weekdays.) Fortunately, the lady unlocked a few things and allowed me to get just what I needed for breakfast. I had prearranged a 9:30 shuttle to the airport, but they didn't have a spare driver. I was getting nervous when the cab finally arrived at 9:45. (She had to drive all the way from the other side of town.) The hotel picked up the cab fare, which must have really eaten into their profit for the room. It seems like a long drive to the airport because it is all the way on the other side of town from this hotel. Fortunately, I arrived in plenty of time to make my flight. In reference to other reviews: There is one central elevator and the internet worked fine for me.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

Wow, this was seriously the nicest hotel I've ever stayed in. Amazingly clean and just nice. The price was amazing too! We kept checking the receipt to make sure we were in the right place! Definitely going to remember this hotel for awhile.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank SamanthaEthan
Reviewed October 7, 2012

This motel is very very very very clean motel and the exterior is very nice the staff are very kind and friendly but thee are some complaints about this motel...

We have stayed at Comfort Suites in roswell two times and have had the same problems .Only one thing has improved and that was breakfast, last years breakfast was a lot worse than this years .This time we stayed at Comfort suites the breakfast was a lot better the breakfast was perpared by Viloet or Yara the only thing the kids wished they had was hot coco....The eggs ,biscuits ,sasauge were very good there was a lot of varites to choose from .There are some complaints I have and they are the pool has way to much chlorine the internet did not work the best,the shower was very confusing ,the sink smelled very bad .

What I have to say about the pool we were there for a week for the Eastern New Mexico State Fair and my kids went swimming every day and by the end off the week they didnt want to go anymore it hurt there skin and eyes way too much .The problem was there was way to much chlorine

Complaint #2 the internet did not work every time i wanted to get on .I think i got on there twice i tried every night and the first night i got it and the sencond to last day i got access to the internet the other nights i tried forever to get internet ..It had very poor strengthit had two and a half bars ..If you need good internet access it probley would not be the best to stay at this hotel.

Complaint # 3 the shower was very confusing it has a normal shower head and anthor shower head but it was in a circle and was hung from the top of the bathroom ciling.There was two handles that you turn to make it work and the shower head from the celing did not work so I had one shower head working and the other one not and it was freezing cold at first for about the first 15 min and then it finally turned super hot about the last 5 min it was super hot but I dealed with it because I didnt want to touch it because Ifigured it would just mess it up.

Complaint #4 the sink smelt very bad every time you tuned it on and off it smelt like a fire burning in your bathroom.

I will stay at the this motel again but the complaints i have a not a really big deal for the price cleanliness and exterior ..

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Sydney J
Stacie B, General Manager at Comfort Suites Roswell, responded to this review, October 14, 2012
Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on our property. We appreciate your comments and would like to re assure you that we have addressed all of your concerns. The internet-we just switched the internet in the whole hotel over to Cable one 50 mbps. The switch has really helped alot and I think you will find the internet both wired and wireless to be very fast and efficient on your next stay. The pool/Hot tub-we switched from chlorine to Bromine and the pool is now set up with automatic feeders and controllers to keep the pool and spa balanced and perfect for our guests. The sinks have all been cleaned and the traps that needed replaced have all been replaced. The shower heads can be a little confusing but once figured out I think you will find the showers to be the best showers ever.

We also upgraded our cable to Cable one and we now have many new channels for all of our guests to enjoy. I thank you for your continued business and want you to know that we look forward to you next stay with us.

Thank you again for taking the time to post a review for us. Please remember at Comfort Suites you are family and we look forward to seeing you again.

new jersey
Reviewed September 24, 2012

This is a brand new Comfort Suites, we paid less than $100 a night and the room was drop dead gorgeous; something that in a city would go for $400 a night. If you go to Roswell this is the
best value.

Room Tip: Bring your AAA card for an even better deal.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank drumsurn
Thank you for taking the time to write a response on behalf of our hotel. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. At Comfort Suites, we want all of our guests to leave feeling like family. We hope that you will return soon to stay with us.

Please remember that we are always here and look forward to seeing you again.

San Angelo, Texas
Reviewed September 22, 2012

We stayed here on our return trip from Colorado and were pleasantly surprised by how much better this CS was than the other highly rated hotel in which we stayed on the way through 2 wks earlier. This CS delivered a first class room, great service, a good breakfast for less money. The breakfast attendant was a real joy. She went above and beyond to make sure we were happy. We will stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank oldantexp
I wanted to take the opportunity to Thank you for staying with us at the Comfort Suites, Roswell, NM. We appreciate your business and hope that you will return soon. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how your stay was with us and just how you felt about our hotel.

Thank you again for your continued business. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.