Budget Inn
$104
$127
$110
Hampton.com
Best Western El Rancho Palacio(Roswell)(Great Value!)
$89
$161
$90
$118
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $146/night.

All reviewsroom was cleanflat screen tvgreat pricepillow top mattressremodeled roomsdoor jambstay there againpassing thrumain streetvisit roswellmicrowave and fridgefront officefree breakfaststaff was friendlyc unitlow priceice machine
Reviewed July 23, 2014

After receiving a terrible room at the Budget Inn on 2nd Street, we went down Main Street to see if we could find other accomodations. Unfortunately, this was the weekend of the Senior Olympics and most were already filled up. We tried a few other hotels but found they were completely filled up so we tried this Budget Inn expecting the worse. We were totally surprised by the complete difference between the sites.

The clerk here was pleasant and explained to us about how the event this weekend had left her with only three rooms to fill this weekend. We were quickly checked in and the room was fresh. The beds and linen were fresh and clean and the room was already cool when we entered. The bathroom also had plenty of linen and towels and even soap. We were also happy to hear we could access Wi-fi from the room. It did work that night but the next day it was down. We also enjoyed a nice continental breakfast that was typical for this type of inn. All in all I would stay at this place again if I was in town and working on a budget.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank serendipitycreator
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Clean, Comfortable, Affordable and Friendly! What more could you ask for?
They called us and let us know we could check in early when we arrived to town ahead of schedule.
It is an older hotel but well maintained.
There was a complimentary breakfast and it satisfied the kiddos.
I was very happy they shipped to me the electronic device that I had forgotten in the room so quickly.
My highest compliment is, I would stay there again if I was in Roswell.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank teamaquagem
Reviewed July 12, 2014

We went during the UFO Festival, when many hotels were sold out or had raised their prices so high, we didn't consider them as an option ($159 for Days Inn???). Mr. Bhaktal, the owner's son, offered the room with a queen bed for $59 a night. It looks like a motel built in the 1950s, one story with several separate buildings with about a dozen rooms per building.

The room was large enough to accommodate the bed, one night stand, and a table and one chair. It would have been nice to have 2 chairs.

The bathroom reminded me of a bathroom on a cruise ship, just a bit larger. It had been retiled around the tub and floor and was clean. The carpet needs shampooing, and the room smelled a bit musty, but I had read reviews and had taken Lysol spray. The door needs weatherstripping, as we could see daylight from around some of the doorjamb. I had taken insecticide and sprayed outside the entire door, and we never had bugs come in.

One parallel parks outside the room, making it very easy to unload baggage. I hadn't noticed that the hotel was adjacent to the hospital, until the Careflight helicopter landed less than 100 feet from our room. Very noisy, but it only flew twice during our 3 day stay, and I never woke up when it flew Sunday morning.

Some reviews said that they could hear everything from other rooms, but we heard nothing, except occasional water noises from other bathrooms. We were awakened by a weekend motorcyclist ( looked like weekend middle-aged bikers) gunning their motors at 5 a.m., setting off my car alarm.

Overall, a nice place to stay with gracious owners. Mr. Bhaktal, the owner, was doing the hotel laundry every morning when we left our room and greeted us each time he saw us. We would go back, if we visit Roswell again.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 12, 2014

To start with, everyone needs to visit Roswell at least once in their lives! We (a couple) decided to spend a night in Roswell in order to see the Carlsbad Caves next day (which are located not that far from there) but also to enjoy some "alien" atmospheric stay.

We were lucky enough to stay in this nice motel, which basically covered all of our needs for one night stay.

To start with, the Budget Inn is located in the central road where all restaurants and shops are. This way even if we arrived late at night, we had a chance to enjoy some nice pancakes at IHOP nearby.

The receptionist was at the lobby when we arrived, but we needed to ring a bell in order for him to come out and open for us. The check-in and check-out process was very fast and comfortable.

Our room was located in the back part of the motel on the ground floor, where all rooms are. This way, it was easy for us to park our car right outside the room.

The room had all possible facilities to make our night easy and relaxing. There was a huge king size bed, big bathroom, iron, hair dryer, fridge, and very good AC, which was already on when we arrived. The internet was quite fast with no problems.

Early in the morning, there was breakfast served in the check-in area, but nothing really special: only some juices, milk, coffee, muffins and fruits. There was no space to sit, so we took away our breakfast.

As in Roswell everything is "alien" related-decorated-themed (even restaurants and street lamps), our motel dissapointed us a bit. There was only a little alien statue in the lobby. Other motels around the area had huge outdoor decorations with UFOs and aliens.

Anyways, we paid approximately 65$ (taxes included) and had a very comfortable stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 25, 2014

I took advantage of the $45 special found online. The motel was perfect for our needs -- a one night stay. The king bed was large, the room was clean (not large, but adequate), the sheets were clean, and we could drive right up to our motel room. The shower was hot, the bathroom was clean - what more can you ask for at this price range?

The room we were given was quiet and I slept fairly well that night. I found the hotel to be quiet and perfect for a one-night stay.

The gentleman who took care of our reservation was awesome and the check in process was effortless. It was much appreciated.

This has got to be one of the best values of any place in Roswell. I'd stay here again and I recommend it for those on a budget. Great selection on the value scale.

Room Tip: our room was in the back away from the road and it was sufficiently quiet
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
dan1986Chicago, Manager at Budget Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2014

Dear voodoo-d,

Thank you for a wonderful review.