“Fabulous place to stay with teens.”

Candlewood Suites Roswell New Mexico
Ranked #14 of 22 Hotels in Roswell
Reviewed October 25, 2010

Took a road trip with my teens last summer. After being lost in the desert and mountains. Candlewood Suites was an oasis! Rooms were clean Staff was helpful and friendly. Loved it. Stayed again in later in our roadtrip i believe in Kansas.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Candlewood Suites Roswell New Mexico

Reviewed September 17, 2010

I've been a frequent traveller most of my career life and have stayed in the highest rated hotels in the USA. Retired from Corporate America, I now run my own business. On a recent trip to Roswell, I was referred to Candelwood Suites. I was pleased to find they accepted small pets and were non smoking. The staff was unparalleled in their service, particularly, Jodi, Stacy and Louis.I arrived late and left late, both stressors for hotel staff. Instead of being made to feel like an imposition, I was greeted and treated warmly and welcomed the entire trip.Amazing service, never expierenced this level even in Four Seasons, Fairmonts, Wyndhams, Hyatt Regencies! You have the right people in the right place, exxcelling in their jobs in a well serviced and maintained facility. Bravo people, finally a complete product that works THE FIRST TIME around!!!. I will forward my input to all my friends and colleagues. A true pleasure to stay at this hotel, they make it feel as if it one's second home.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank jdlewsader
Reviewed July 24, 2010

My husband and 4 month old stayed in the this hotel for 3 weeks as my husband was training to go overseas. The room was spacious, and we loved having the flat screen tv and dvd player...made us feel a little more at home. The beds were great, pillow top...very comfortable. Having a full size fridge, dishwasher, and small cooktop is a must with a baby, we used ours to the fullest! The free laundry was great, very helpful when keeping up with a baby. We enjoyed the pool and hot tub, as well as the bbq grills on the patio. The staff was helpful and friendly. As a former professional traveler (over 30 weekends per year), this hotel was comparable to nice chains I have stayed in. (marriot, ect...) I would recommend this hotel to families needing the convenience of a suite, but at a reasonable price.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank nikkilang1
Reviewed July 4, 2010

WARNING!! This is NOT a 3 or 4 star hotel as priceline describes. This is a very LOW CLASS HOTEL! I have stayed at 31 hotels in the last 3 1/2 years and have NEVER complained once and my priceline record/receipts can back me up on this BUT this particular Candlewood Suites in Roswell,New Mexico is LOW CLASS with a very unproffesional and immature staff. I found bed bugs in the bed and they tried to give me 6 dollars in credit at their gift/food store while the employee talked on the phone. The management just kept arguing with me like I was trying to get something for free. I told them many times I DONT WANT ANYTHING! I do not need the money AND I refused any refund. I just wanted them to hire an exterminator and NOT rent the room to anyone else until inspected and they just kept arguing with me and tried to blame me...this is NOT how a first class hotel would respond. Management was NO better and also acted very immature. Hotel was very loud with many large dogs barking all the time sorry to say because I love dogs but this particular hotel is run by low class people sorry to say...STAY AWAY FROM THIS PARTICULAR CANDLEWOOD SUITES IN ROSWELL,NEW MEXICO!!!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
5  Thank scardinos
Reviewed September 21, 2009

This is a very nice, new hotel. We were greeted very warmly upon arrival and they even called the room after a bit to make sure all was well. When we reserved our room, I knew we had gotten the last suite available and that it would be a handicapped accessible room and we are not handicapped. I would think there are some obvious differences; counter height, bathroom, etc. So anything that was bothersome to a tall family like ours, is really irrelevant since it isn't the usual suite. Still, it was very nice but I wish there was a counter of some kind in the bathroom. There was absolutely nothing. Some things to keep in mind. There is no breakfast setup like other hotels. However, they have what they call the 'cupboard'. It is a self-service honor system food pantry. You swipe your room key to get in and then write down what you take. Prices were okay. They had frozen food, cold drinks, spaghetti, fresh fruit, all kinds of things really. It was different but understandable since each room has a full kitchen with a full size fridge, microwave, etc. They expect folks to stay a while and bring in their own food to make. If you prefer to have someone else cook your breakfast, there is an IHOP a block away. Another thing to be aware of is that there isn't regular housekeeping. It's just after you leave or once a week if you're there a while. A nice feature is each room has a DVD player and flat panel TV. We had a second TV in the bedroom. You can check out movies from a limited, but reasonable, selection at the front desk for free so we watched a couple. Another feature that I had planned to take advantage of, but didn't, is the outdoor propane grills they have under the gazebo by the pool. From the looks of it, they were well used by many. The reason we wanted a suite is so we could have our son, who is a cadet at NMMI, leave post and have a relaxing place to kick back and chill out without it being in a regular hotel room. It was all of that and more. They were extremely accommodating when I asked for a late check-out. Normal check-out is at 11:00AM but our son didn't have to be back on post until 5:00PM. We were driving back to Denver that evening so did not need an extra night's stay. They gave us a 2:00PM check-out and it was much appreciated. This hotel made for a wonderful family visit. We will stay here again. The extra expense over the Day's Inn was worth every penny and the bed was quite comfortable and large. Didn't use it but there is a guest laundry facility on site as well. This place does try to make you feel at home.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple