“Nice Place to Stay for a Great Price” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Direct and Save
Ranked #15 of 22 Hotels in Roswell
Texas
“Nice Place to Stay for a Great Price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

I think this place should rank a bit higher in the Roswell Hotels category (11/25). All things considered, I can't imagine 10 other motels in Roswell being better than this one. The staff members were very friendly, esp. Robert. The nightly rate of $95 beat everything else that looked decent by a wide margin. Keep in mind, this property is geared toward long stay guests, so housekeeping only refreshes your room once a week, and there is no free breakfast in the lobby each morning - but, if you insist on having daily room cleaning service and coffee and donuts downstairs each morning, you can pay $40-$100 more per night and stay at another motel nearby. They do offer some nice amenities like a full kitchen, free washers and dryers downstairs (purchase your own laundry soap), and DVD players in the rooms with a free DVD library at the front desk.

We enjoyed a quiet, 3-night stay. We really liked that this motel was set back a bit from the busy road (Main St.). Most of the other hotels are just right there on the edge of the road, and it's a very busy and very noisy thoroughfare.

All in all, this has got to be the best value in town. One final thing: at the front desk, they give out $5 off $25 coupons to use at the Applebee's located right in front of the motel. Don't fall for it like we did. Look at their reviews on trip advisor - you'll regret going there.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
RSWCW, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Roswell New Mexico, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Thank you for the taking the time to let us know of your Roswell Candlewood experience. It is super to know the team exceeded your expections. It is with your assistance we can move our ranking. So again thank you for spreading the good words. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Overall, we were very happy with our stay at Candlewood suites. We stayed 19th - 25th April and the fully equipped kitchen and laundry facilities were a major plus. The rooms were comfortable and clean and the staff were always friendly and helpful. The location is ideal in Roswell as it is centrally located and it suited us as well. The basic gym was always empty, so I made good use of it.
The only downside was the very noisy air conditioning/heating unit. It was massive and basically roared whenever it was on. It did affect our sleep on a couple of nights.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We originally booked a reservation at a roach motel down the street and then luckily managed to cancel that one and make our way to Candlewood Suites. Bertha N. went out of her way to provide us an upgrade to a larger room, point us to a great restaurant for dinner ($0.50 Taco Tuesdays!!!) and just overall provide excellent customer service. The room was huge and spotlessly clean, the service was outstanding and done with extra care and a smile - what more could one want when traveling?

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank HanaChung
Lubbock, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

From the convenient location to the awesome staff, the large rooms and facilities there is no better place to stay in Roswell. The rooms are all suites with full kitchens and there is a full pantry with very reasonably priced food. Movies can be utilized for free because all rooms have a DVD player.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
RSWCW, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Roswell New Mexico, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let us know you enjoyed your stay and what made for the enjoyable stay. We know you have choices so thank you for choosing Candlewood Suites. Let us know when you you need another reservation.
Riverside, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

Besides the fact that our toilet wasn't working in the first room & were instructed to plunge it ourselves to try & fix it before we were able to move to another room, it was an overall good stay. The room was clean, the bed was comfy, and everything was well stocked & supplied. Oh! And the laundry room was free... Who doesn't like that?

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank holyfuhitsme
RSWCW, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Roswell New Mexico, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Thanks for letting us enjoy Bailee. As Candlewood Suites enjoy being your home away from home, pets are family to some and we enjoy having them visit as well. Homes have the capibility of cooking simple meals while enjoying your favorite tv show. We welcome you home any time Bailee and you want to return to Roswell. We look forward to your next visit.
Milton
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

There is no way the website is accurate for the rooms! The reviews must be by the owner! They only clean the room once a week and not very good at that! Have to go to the front desk to get anything replaced. Any other review must have been paid!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank paulaz137
RSWCW, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Roswell New Mexico, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
First, I would like to thank you for letting me know of your Roswell Candlewood Experience. I also want to apologize for not living up to your expectations. While the Candlewood is an extended stay property, it offers the guest his/her privacy during the week without daily service from the housekeeping staff. If our guests request daily service, there is a small fee but is available. However, a quick trip to the Front Desk will present you with all new supplies for the room at no charge. Your statements on the cleanliness and the quality of sleep have been noted. Inspections of rooms will be occuring more frequent and purchases for new pillows and mattresses are being scheduled. Again, please accept my apology and return to see if we have made progress.
San Antonio, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

We were excited to have the suite option which was why we picked this location. Very friendly staff, kids excited for DVD in room rental and the popcorn.
Room a/c heat unit was incredibly loud cycling on and off -- so much so that we had to turn it off and do without.
I called the front desk for a pillow and blanket and was told to come by and get it. When I did, there was no one there. Called again and was told the same thing...
When I checked out (after not sleeping all night) the gal at the desk never asked me how my stay was.
When she gave me my receipt I said, "If you were to ask me about my stay, I would tell you." She said, "oh. how was it?"
I told her "The fan in the room is so loud when the heat cycles on and off. I couldn't sleep at all. I have an eight hour drive ahead of me and I'm on no sleep. I'm not happy. My night was terrible".
Unbelievably, she said, "Well, besides the fan everything was good?"
I just stared at her, "I Didn't SLEEP because of the fan!"
So she said she'd let her manager know....

I'm no princess, but my room should have been comp'd in some way after that...
Too tired to argue...

Room Tip: Don't plan on much sleep if you book here...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank lisa f
RSWCW, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Roswell New Mexico, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Thank you for posting your experience at the Candlewood Suites in Roswell. It sounded as if your visit started out great and went downhill. As General Manager, I want to apoligize for all the service errors which you encountered. This review will be used as a training tool to improve our service. But as we know, this will not get your sleep back or remove your feelings. I would like to extend an invitation to return to the property to let us show you our improvements made in the future. Please call the hotel directly and ask to speak to the General Manager so I can make your reservation. Again, without guests taking the time to explain their issues we can not improve in needed areas. Looking forward to making it right for you.