“Great room for a cheap price.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of National 9 Inn

National 9 Inn
Ranked #15 of 22 Hotels in Roswell
“Great room for a cheap price.”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

If you are traveling cheap, great place to stay. Room very clean, decent free Internet. Staff was very friendly. They have laundry facilities. Close to fast food and restaurants. Walmart is fairly close.

• Stayed August 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Reviewed July 15, 2012 via mobile

The Ritz, it ain't. But if you want a clean comfy room on a budget, this is your place. We were quite happy :)

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank TravelingLT
Reviewed May 7, 2012

OK let me start off by saying, if you are one of those people who cares about if the carpet clashes with the drapes, or that a hotel is a bit old, DON"T come here.
The National 9 is a great basic, local owned hotel. The room was very clean, and the beds were comfortable. The staff was nice, and it was quiet. Yes the wall paper was peeling a bit, and the bathroom looks like it escaped from the 1930s, but it was CLEAN! and the room was big for the price, and I love the retro feel of this hotel. They also accept cats (with a $5 fee), which is big, since we were moving from MI. to AZ. and we were not gonna leave her in the car in 100 degree weather. All in all this hotel served its purpose, and was a great deal.

Room Tip: Pick a spot near the back, very quiet, no street noise.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed May 25, 2011

This is the first time in Roswell, the other hotels/motels in the area online were double the price. The room I was in 119 you can tell the room has newer carpet, newer furniture, microwave and refrigerator that most motel 6's don't even have. The bathroom sink and toilet look new but the tile and bathtub are dated but functional. Overall clean and serves its purpose. It has wi-fi also. Was quiet and everything worked. You can tell they are working on improving the rooms - like everything else if you look hard enough you can find fault in about anything. What do you want a clean place to crash for the night or are you spending all day in your room?

Room Tip: I called ahead and made a reservation
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank CO1970traveler
San Jose, California
Reviewed December 28, 2010

We stayed here because it is one of the cheapest in town. It looks like the room has been remodeled since the old reviews. The room was nice but the bathroom wasn't so great. It looks like some of the bathroom was replaced but the rest is old and run down (especially the tub).

• Stayed December 2010

Travelers are raving about these Roswell hotels

New Port Richey, Florida
Reviewed July 7, 2010

I was supposed to go camping at Brantley Lake for 5 days; with my great luck New Mexico was receiving remnants of hurricane Alex, so this drove all the tarantulas out of their homes, and they suddenly wanted to make my tent, and everything surrounding it their home.

In the middle of the night I began driving trying to find a place to stay. Most everything was booked or way too expensive. However, I stumbled upon the National 9 and at 3am they gave me a room at a reasonable rate. I ended up staying their the remainder of my trip.

The rooms were super clean, and the staff extremely friendly. I came back to my room each day with fresh linens on my bed, clean towels in my bathroom, and the floor vaccuumed, as well as the trash emptied. The room had a refrigerator, microwave, and a HUGE tv with a wide channel selection. I don't think you could ask for more.

Much thanks to the National 9 for making my trip to Roswell an incredible one!

~ Jason B.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank neptune693
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 16, 2010

We didn't check TA before staying here and to be honest, I'm glad we didn't! We checked in at 3pm and found the place really nice. Our room had recently been refurbished, flat screen tv (with great picture), new lamps, carpet, table, headboard etc. The bed looked as if it had never been slept in and was one of the most comfortable nights sleep we've had in a long time. The room had a king size bed and was fantastic!

I had a bit of a look around the place and it looks like most of the rooms are being renovated. All of the rooms had new windows and most looked like they were being gutted as some of the old furniture was piled up outside. We did wonder what it must have looked like before after reading the reviews below!!

After paying only $50.40 inc tax for the king size bed we loved the place!! We didn't make it for breakfast in the morning as we slept through our alarm clock as the bed was soooo comfortable!!

One minor down point was that the bathroom hadn't been renovated to the high standard of the rest of the room. The bathroom was ok, but a bit tatty.

Overall a bargain as we were quoted $95 plus tax for Days Inn as it was a Saturday night.

I want someone else to try this place out so my review doesn't look like it was written by the owner of National 9 Motel! Please go there and see what it's like, we stayed in 117 and it was lovely.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple