“Not really worth the visit.”

International UFO Museum and Research Center
Ranked #1 of 25 things to do in Roswell
More attraction details
Owner description: This museum contains a diorama and a film of the "official" autopsy of the alien bodies after the 1947 crash.
Denver, Colorado
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Not really worth the visit.”
Reviewed August 27, 2014

A little hokey and there was nothing really interesting. Not worth the admission price and we spent only 30 minutes there.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“It's certainly not "average"....”
Reviewed August 26, 2014

I can't give this museum three stars because that is described as "average," and Roswell with it's Americana glory and quirky conspiracy is far from average - so four stars it is!

The museum is small and could be done in an hour, unless you want to stay for a movie screening (then allow time for an 1.5 hour film, too. The 10am film was the '94 flick Roswell with Martin Sheen, and I do wish I had time to sit and watch it. May that attest to how interesting the museum is.

Now, you need to treat the museum for what it is - this is a great American tale of cover up, conspiracy, military secrets and decades of legend; therefore, it isn't like they have artifacts to back everything up! What you can expect is a lot of newspaper clippings, copies of affidavits from witnesses, silly alien exhibits, and displays of related topics such as rocket development, skeptics claims, documented abductions and debunked UFO sightings.

The history was very interesting and actually well balanced, presenting initial statements, government explanations, timelines of events, etc. Because of the number of documents on the walls, it was hard to find the over riding summation of each section, so I feel like I missed a lot of major points. That is my main criticism of the museum.

The gift shop is very expensive for what is in there - try any number of other stores on the main drag. You can always come back to the gift shop.

Worth a visit. Check it out - a fun and unique sojourn into history, conspiracies and space/military black ops.

1 Thank AndieGirl5
Santa Fe, New Mexico, United States
“interesting exhibit”
Reviewed August 24, 2014

don't expect the flashy gee whiz stuff like Disney. This is mostly letters, reports, etc. about the crash landing. It is kitschy but fun. We just spent one day in Roswell on the way to Carlsbad which was WAY more than enough time.

Naples, Florida
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Skip it”
Reviewed August 22, 2014

I'm not sure what I am more bummed about.....the $5 admission, or the time visiting. I will never get back either. We went out of our way to see this instead of Walter White's house in Albuquerque.

30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Enjoyed!”
Reviewed August 22, 2014

A lot of reading at one time but I did the best I could and did enjoy myself! Some of the displays were a little cheesy. Maybe if a movie set designer could fix them up a little. I felt like they just needed to use that space.
The reading information I could get through was VERY INTERESTING.
I did really enjoy this place and would tell people if your passing through stop by!