WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of International UFO Museum and Research Center

International UFO Museum and Research Center
Ranked #1 of 24 things to do in Roswell
More attraction details
Owner description: This museum contains a diorama and a film of the "official" autopsy of the alien bodies after the 1947 crash.
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“It's certainly not "average"....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2014

I can't give this museum three stars because that is described as "average," and Roswell with it's Americana glory and quirky conspiracy is far from average - so four stars it is!

The museum is small and could be done in an hour, unless you want to stay for a movie screening (then allow time for an 1.5 hour film, too. The 10am film was the '94 flick Roswell with Martin Sheen, and I do wish I had time to sit and watch it. May that attest to how interesting the museum is.

Now, you need to treat the museum for what it is - this is a great American tale of cover up, conspiracy, military secrets and decades of legend; therefore, it isn't like they have artifacts to back everything up! What you can expect is a lot of newspaper clippings, copies of affidavits from witnesses, silly alien exhibits, and displays of related topics such as rocket development, skeptics claims, documented abductions and debunked UFO sightings.

The history was very interesting and actually well balanced, presenting initial statements, government explanations, timelines of events, etc. Because of the number of documents on the walls, it was hard to find the over riding summation of each section, so I feel like I missed a lot of major points. That is my main criticism of the museum.

The gift shop is very expensive for what is in there - try any number of other stores on the main drag. You can always come back to the gift shop.

Worth a visit. Check it out - a fun and unique sojourn into history, conspiracies and space/military black ops.

1 Thank AndieGirl5

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Santa Fe, New Mexico, United States
“interesting exhibit”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2014

don't expect the flashy gee whiz stuff like Disney. This is mostly letters, reports, etc. about the crash landing. It is kitschy but fun. We just spent one day in Roswell on the way to Carlsbad which was WAY more than enough time.

Naples, Florida
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Skip it”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2014

I'm not sure what I am more bummed about.....the $5 admission, or the time visiting. I will never get back either. We went out of our way to see this instead of Walter White's house in Albuquerque.

29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Enjoyed!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2014

A lot of reading at one time but I did the best I could and did enjoy myself! Some of the displays were a little cheesy. Maybe if a movie set designer could fix them up a little. I felt like they just needed to use that space.
The reading information I could get through was VERY INTERESTING.
I did really enjoy this place and would tell people if your passing through stop by!

Crestview, Florida
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Lots of info, pet friendly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2014 via mobile

This was bigger than I thought it would be, and had lots of information. They present the evidence for and against, and have a lot of other information as well. I mention that it's pet friendly because people do being their fur babies in; during our visit one lady had a rather disgruntled cat on a lead. Worth a visit, and they do military discount.