“Great room, cold coffee”

Hilton Garden Inn Albuquerque North/Rio Rancho
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Rio Rancho
Frederick, United States
“Great room, cold coffee”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

The hotel was really nice. I loved the whirlpool tub, and the prices weren't too bad. The staff was friendly. Although I didn't have time to use them, both the gym facility and the pool looked clean. The room was clean as well. The only problem we had at all was that the coffee in the lobby was cold. I didn't know until later, when my husband told me, so I never had a chance to address it with the staff.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Sandra T, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Albuquerque North/Rio Rancho, responded to this review, May 3, 2014
Thank you for your recent post on Trip Advisor regarding our Hilton Garden Inn in Rio Rancho, NM. It is great to hear that you found our facility and customer service met up to your expectations. I do apologize about the coffee being cold. We try to monitor it regularly so that it is refreshed throughout the day. Please come back and see us next time you are in town.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Jenison, Michigan
Reviewed April 13, 2014

This was my first stay at a Hilton Garden Inn, and we stayed here because it was only five miles away from my niece's home, where we went for a visit. We normally stay at Fairfield Inns since they offer great value for a great price, but this hotel matched Fairfield Inns price and the amenities, especially in the bathroom, far exceeded any that we have found at other hotels!! The young lady at the desk who checked us in, was very helpful in finding us the street where my niece lived, even going so far as to print directions and a map! Another young lady spent 15 minutes trying to help me connect my Kindle with the internet, which we finally did with just a little frustration (on my part, not hers!) We did have a couple of minor issues which I am sure the staff will resolve once I am able to make them aware of it, since everyone we spoke with was very accommodating. When we come back to the Albuquerque area again, this will be the first place I make reservations for!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Sandra T, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Albuquerque North/Rio Rancho, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
We are delighted to see your post on Trip Advisor regarding our Hilton Garden Inn in Rio Rancho. It is great to hear that our staff provided you with great service as we expect them to. We are always glad to hear from our customers. We hope to see you next time you are in town.
Farmington, New Mexico
Reviewed April 9, 2014

Pool area is a little run down, but the rest of the Hotel is fabulous, and the staff is very helpful and the meals were a great value and very tasty. The beds adjust for comfort and the pillows were plentiful. The thermostat is very quick to adjust to a please temperature.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your positive feedback regarding our hotel in Rio Rancho. We are currently working on the pool area so it should be all set when you come back. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Chimayo, United States
Reviewed April 7, 2014

This hotel is much older then they make it seem on the pictures. The pool is old with cracked paint and the hot tub had mold on the tiles.... The lobby is the only part of the entire hotel that is up-dated and looks very welcoming.....then you get the room and the pool .......and yuck

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Sandra T, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Albuquerque North/Rio Rancho, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding our hotel. We are sorry that you did not have a good impression of our hotel during your stay with us.
Yes our lobby is brand new and just completed renovation on March 17 of this year. We do hope to have the rest of the hotel updated this year. We are currently working on the issues with the pool. We do hope you give us another opportunity in the future.
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Our company used this location for several associates over a couple of months time. They always did whatever we needed to make us comfortable. I didn't use the fitness room but once as the surrounding neighborhoods were a safe, outdoor alternative to being inside on the treadmill.
Breakfast was good but probably could be better for $9.95 per person. didn't feel the eggs were ever really "hot". warm at best. otherwise all good.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback regarding our hotel. It is great to hear that our staff is professional and friendly. We do hope that you come back and see us next time you are in town.
Ignacio, Colorado
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Customer service was not the best. People were rude. It was a big deal to request our room to be cleaned. They charge $9.95 for a continental breakfast. We stayed 2 nights. After the first night I woke up with 2 bites on my arm. The second night another bite on a finger. Bed bugs? Spiders? When I reported it to the front desk, the woman looked at me like I was saying something terrible then said she would have the room looked at. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Rio Rancho. I do apologize that our front desk staff did not validate your concerns. That is not typical behavior from our staff and we will discuss this with them.
We have exterminators come in on a regular basis so we should not have a bed bug issue and I do apologize if you incurred any.
Saint Albans, United States
Reviewed March 25, 2014

I arrived at Rio Rancho late at night and was pleased that the hotel staff were still upbeat and friendly. My hotel room was just as I expected, particularly from Hilton hotels. It was a Great hotel, enjoyed my stay, staff were friendly. No complaints

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback regarding our hotel. We strive to provide excellent customer service and it is good to hear that our staff is making you feel welcome.
Please come back and see us next time you are in town.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rio Rancho
Hampton Inn & Suites Albuquerque North/I-25
Sandia Resort & Casino
Sandia Resort & Casino
#37 of 144 in Albuquerque

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Albuquerque North/Rio Rancho? Share your experiences!