“Rio Rancho/Albuquerque”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Rio Rancho
Centennnial, United States
“Rio Rancho/Albuquerque”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Nice property from the outside and the inside initally is appealing. But the room layout is strange, the closet, bathroom and room door are all buched together and you couldn't prop the bathroom door open as it had spring hinges. I was the only one in the restaurant that night and it still took 20 minutes to get a hamburger.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Sandra T, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Albuquerque North/Rio Rancho, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thank you for your post regarding our hotel. We appreciate feed back from our guests both positive and negative. We completely understand how the layout of the rooms may feel a little cramped in the front of the room with the bathroom and closet and hospitaity center all next to each other. This allows for additional space in the rest of the room. Our lobby is light and airy but we are hoping for a renovation and update before the year is up.
I apologize for the delay in getting your meal in our restaurant. We do receive a large volume of room service orders and therefore takes a while in the restaurant. We will address this with our kitchen/restaurant staff. Again, thank you for your review. Please come back and see us next time you are in town.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Las Vegas Nevada, United States
Reviewed June 16, 2013

This hotel was the only one with openings for our last minute trip but was very happy with the beds and the rooms. WE could hear street noise one of the nights but overall I would use this hotel again when in the area and after seeing 5 other hotels, this by far was the best in Rio Rancho.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Pueblo, United States
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Easy early check in, easy check out. Slept well. Starbucks & Village Inn both are within a very short walking distance if you prefer to not eat in at the hotel. Hotel was quiet, stayed on the 4th floor. Very pleasant decor. Picked this hotel because it was very close to the family function that was in the area. Drove in from Colorado and the hotel was very easy to find. Hotel was recommended by my parents who had stayed there before and I plan on staying there again the next time I am in ABQ.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

So. Cal.
Reviewed June 2, 2013

The hotel is about average for a moderately priced hotel but not what I expected from a Hilton property. We booked 4 nights through a booking service so we got a cheaper rate but because of that, I think we got a less desirable room (2nd floor, end of hall, back side, no view at all.). When we arrived, we needed a cart to get our luggage up to our room, after a ten minute wait, I was told that they didn't know where the cart was so I had to make 4 trips back and forth to my truck to get our luggage. When we stay in hotels, we typically request no maid service and have never had a problem with this until now. We were rudely told that this was impossible that it is hotel policy to clean the rooms at least every other day, so we let the maid in on the second day and sat there while she cleaned the room. The bathtub drained slow and the toilet didn't work very well. We didn't find the staff to be particularly friendly or helpful. We were shocked to find that they charge for local phone calls, I thought that absurd practice died out 20 years ago. En route to Albuquerque, we stayed at a Best Western for the same price and got a nicer room and a free hot breakfast. We won't be using this hotel again.

Room Tip: Book directly with the hotel instead of a booking service and pay full price. Don't expect many...
Cheyenne, Wyoming
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Hilton Garden Inns are usually our hotel preference but this time we were wrong. We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights. I actually was a disappointed that this Garden Inn did not live up to the name I am accustomed to. Reservations were made months in advance. The room (110) we checked into did have a personalized welcome letter (because we're HHonors members) but the 97 degree temp in the room was not so welcoming. Staff must have noticed the heat difference when they "set up" the room and didn't care to do anything about it. Within 5 minutes of entering the room I went to the front desk to inform the clerk & ask for a door stop to get some air flow thinking it was just a fluke thing--he couldn't help and seemed peeved that we complained. He was never very friendly at any point. I attempted to work with the A/C but no luck & asked to be moved; we were moved next door. This room was average, with poor pillows. We were locked out of our room twice and had to get the card keys re-keyed by the front desk. The most appalling concern of our stay was when we came back from a long day out, I went to freshen up and noticed that housekeeping had hung soiled towels and wash cloths for use. I had no idea if they were our old towels or someone else’s. When I presented the concern to the front desk, the clerk (same guy) seemed agitated that we would even be bothered by dirty towels. One morning, the pool area was locked and we had to visit the front desk for entry because our key didn't work. The pool area was out of towels & again had to go to the front desk. Pool & hot tub were run down with chipping paint & unclean surfaces. The business/computer area did not have working printers and was cramped.
We were very disappointed with this so-called Hilton property. I would compare the service and amenities to a 1 star property--certainly not Hilton grade!

Pros: Quiet room, convenient location

Plainfield, United States
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Visited my Sister in New Mexico and was looking for a Hotel when my sister mentioned the Hilton Garden Inn. Fantastic Experience, clean, updated rooms and very friendly staff. I have stayed in many Hotels in my day's and this Hilton for the money was one of the Best!

Aloha,OR, United States
Reviewed May 24, 2013

OK place especially if on a business trip but nothing special or interesting to make this hotel standout from others. Sits near a large intel facility and likely services this crowd more than others. Nothing worth visiting near by and if planning to be a tourist then a downtown hotel will likely be a better choice.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rio Rancho
Hampton Inn & Suites Albuquerque North/I-25
Comfort Inn & Suites North
Comfort Inn & Suites North
#51 of 144 in Albuquerque

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Albuquerque North/Rio Rancho? Share your experiences!