“Hilton Garden Inn, Rio Rancho, NM”

Hilton Garden Inn Albuquerque North/Rio Rancho
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Rio Rancho
Reno, Nevada
“Hilton Garden Inn, Rio Rancho, NM”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I have stayed at this property twice and enjoyed my stay both times. Hotel staff are very helpful and friendly. Breakfast was great, especially the cook-to-order omelettes. I lost my driver's license in the parking lot during my stay and one of the staff were good enough to place it in an envelope and slide under my door. GREAT!!

Room Tip: If you need to sleep in in the morning, ask to be on the west side of the building.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Candersonfambro, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Albuquerque North/Rio Rancho, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Thank you so much for the positive comments we strive to make every guest expierience at our hotel a positive one. I would like to personaly thank you for taking the time to write this review , we know you have many choices and we are glad you chose our hotel for your stay, it is always great when we can go above and beyond to please our guests

Charlotte Anderson-Fambro

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Very clean rooms. A very nice breakfast every morning. Easy access to businesses, restaurants and shopping. Very good service by employees from front desk to maintenance to housekeeping and restaurant. I had a noise problem upstairs and the took care of it immediately. Everyone was very solicitous. I will definitely stay there again and recommend it to all I know who are travelling to Albuquerque.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 7, 2013

I would make a recommendation to the hotel to let the guests know "in" the room about how to adjust the level of comfort for the bed. It was not discussed at check-in and found out at check out after I advised my disappointment in the loss of sleep due to an extremely firm bed.
Also, left a note for the maid that our room was out of toilet paper and requested extra pillows. Left a tip in addition to the note. Tip and note were gone, no toilet paper and no extra pillows. That resulted in an extra trip to the front desk. No extra pillow, off to Target to "purchase" said pillows. More $$$$$ out of pocket. Manager was apologetic, but that was all.
I would give a 4 out of 10. Recommendation - better training and focus on customer service.

Room Tip: Higher floor away from elevator.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank JM34
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Hotel is very nice; staff is well trained. Several chain restaurants nearby.

Not greatest location, if business is central or East of Albuquerque, but otherwise good value for the area.

Access from I 25 is also a bit far.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Hangar15
Greeley, Colorado, United States
Reviewed March 23, 2013

I'll be shorti-ish with my resonse to not make this place lose all of it's business..
The windows were broke in our room! The seals and the place where you lock the windows were broken- so NO security.
We stayed for 3 nights. Ever single night we were packed-in next to either a soccer team full of boys or some other sport. Coaches screaming over them in the morning outside my room, kids yelling, no sleep. I woke up so many times thinking we were having a fire drill with how loud these kids and coaches were yelling non-stop.
We took up the bottom floor (ballrooms) as well for our grandmothers funeral service. The day of the service there was a prostitute playing hopscotch in different rooms and my wife and I had the luck of meeting her between clients. She poured out her purse in front of us (to get her drugs of course, and to find her needles) and then cleaned up by our feet before the door opened. Later when I was running around trying to get everything ready for my grandmothers funeral services downstairs, I saw her leaving as well.
The food for the breakfast area was pretty bad. I never complain about food or food service but I had the biscuts and gravy and let's just say I only tried it once. I stuck with eggs the rest of my trip- how can you get those wrong? Uhhhhg...... Whatever!

Room Tip: Get the highest floor room so nobody breaks into your room if your windows and security locks are br...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank cousinty
Candersonfambro, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Albuquerque North/Rio Rancho, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
I sincerely apologize for your stay at our property and appreciate your feedback. My number one priority is the health and safety of our guests. Please contact me directly at abqrr_gm@hilton.com so I can speak directly with you about this stay.
Reviewed March 16, 2013

The Hilton Garden Inns I've stayed at are usually quite good. This one ranked right up there. Service was good - efficient check-in & out. It was a little odd that there was not a foam pillow available when I requested it. I waited about 10 minutes to get a few extra down pillows instead. This translated into a restless night sleep because I just don't do well with down (plus the adjustable bed was fairly hard even on a soft setting). The room was clean and comfortable (except the bed). I was on the first floor, and concerned about being fairly close to the pool and business center; but it wasn't a problem. I wasn't bothered by noise. I felt welcomed at this hotel. I was only there for a night and didn't use the amenities. Having had the breakfast buffet at another Garden Inn (which I found to be not great quality and high priced), I chose to forgo it and just eat at Denny's. I did get a couple great recommendations for dinner from the front desk staff. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: I was on the first floor and close to the pool and business center and I wasn't bothered by the...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Goldsboro, North Carolina
Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here a few times on business trips to Rio Rancho. The hotel is directly across the street from Intel and beside Starbucks. Rooms are clean and up to date. Good fitness center. If in the area for business this is a good fit. Will stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013
Comfort Inn & Suites North
Comfort Inn & Suites North
#53 of 144 in Albuquerque
Hyatt Regency Tamaya Resort & Spa

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Albuquerque North/Rio Rancho? Share your experiences!