“Not so good”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Hot Tamales

Hot Tamales
Ranked #5 of 121 Restaurants in Rio Rancho
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Albuquerque
“Not so good”
Reviewed July 30, 2009

The atmosphere is that of a fast food, there was only about a spoonfull of guacamole on my guacomole tacos, our waitress looked at us but did not acknowledge we were trying to wave her down so I had to go to the front desk to get more drinks, etc., I saw employees eating in the kitchen where customers food was being prepared and in general the teenage staff looked exhausted. We won't be returning.

1 Thank hinhankola

Albuquerque
“Great food!”
Reviewed April 22, 2009

The food here is great & is quickly becoming one of our favorites. It is kind of a long drive for us so we haven't gone there a lot. The few times I have been over the years, the service has been excellent. Place can be a little noisy during busier hours, but it is worth it!

Hillsboro, OR
“Love the food, I always have to come home for it”
Reviewed August 29, 2008

I am originally from NM and I moved to Oregon, due to job transfer. I always love to come back home and eat at Hot Tamales. They have the best New Mexician food around. I will always come back every time I am in town.

Corrales, NM
“This place is terrible”
Reviewed June 20, 2008

Don't go here. It is loud and the food is not very good. If they bring you the wrong meal by mistake they will charge you for what they brought you instead of the less expensive meal you ordered. Their motto is "the customer is always wrong". I will never go to Hot Tamales again. Stay away. There are much better New Mexican restuarants in the area anyway like Casa de Benevidez, El Pinto or Gardunos.

1 Thank ScottieMack
Maryland
“Excellent sopapillas! Good service and good food but no booze!”
Reviewed February 15, 2008

I visited this restaurant on a recent trip to the ABQ area and was pleasantly surprised with the good food. I ordered the enchiladas. I had a couple of special requests which were honored very graciously. I enjoyed the meal and the wonderful, light, fluffy sopapillas. My only disappointment was that they do not serve any wine or beer. I'd return to this special spot!

1 Thank SeekPeace