“Great service and food”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed September 22, 2013

New Mexican food differs from TexMex and others. The Cheese Casserole with sauce on the side for whimpy me was good and the sauce not that hot after all.

There are newer reviews for Hot Tamales

Reviewed September 3, 2013

The green chili enchiladas and the con queso are excellent. The prices are very reasonable an the service is good. Wish they were open later.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

My family and I are regulars here. I'm amazed to see negative feedback on this place. We've been eating here probably once or twice a month for the past few years because there's something for everyone, including my extremely picky 4 year old, on the menu and I can feed my family of 4 for about $25. The food is consistently good and the portions are ample. My wife is a native New Mexican who is a particularly harsh critic of New Mexican restaurants and she even agrees that this is one of the better ones in the Rio Rancho/Albuquerque area.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Excellent NM food here in Rio Rancho. Great chips and salsa. Very good red and green chile. Good atmosphere in a clean restaurant. We have never had a bad experience here.

Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

I have lived in New Mexico for about 6 years. We started coming to this place about 3 years ago, and we still go often. I am a vegetarian and they are always willing to compromise the meals for me. The waiters are nice and get you drinks right away. The atmosphere is isnt all that but is quickly made up for the food and service.