“I always enjoy Hot Tamales,”
Review of Hot Tamales

Hot Tamales
Ranked #7 of 127 Restaurants in Rio Rancho
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The green chili enchiladas and the con queso are excellent. The prices are very reasonable an the service is good. Wish they were open later.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

My family and I are regulars here. I'm amazed to see negative feedback on this place. We've been eating here probably once or twice a month for the past few years because there's something for everyone, including my extremely picky 4 year old, on the menu and I can feed my family of 4 for about $25. The food is consistently good and the portions are ample. My wife is a native New Mexican who is a particularly harsh critic of New Mexican restaurants and she even agrees that this is one of the better ones in the Rio Rancho/Albuquerque area.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Excellent NM food here in Rio Rancho. Great chips and salsa. Very good red and green chile. Good atmosphere in a clean restaurant. We have never had a bad experience here.

Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

I have lived in New Mexico for about 6 years. We started coming to this place about 3 years ago, and we still go often. I am a vegetarian and they are always willing to compromise the meals for me. The waiters are nice and get you drinks right away. The atmosphere is isnt all that but is quickly made up for the food and service.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

We went here out of curiosity and won't need to return. The restaurant is right off Pat D' Arco Highway and it's parking lot is a bit tight but ok. The entry is a bright pinkish, purple color and the odor of the restaurant is sorta old and smells like they've tried to keep it clean but like the old just can't be washed away.
Our waitress was nice. There is ample seating and we went around 5 and were one of 5 tables there. They have daily specials.
We ended up sharing a special because we weren't very hungry and it's a good thing because there wasn't that much food on the plate. It did however come with sopaillas (i'm gluten free but my hubby said they were ok). I think chips and salsa were supposed to come with it because a few other tables had them or got them but we didn't.
They do have gluten free options, ie the red sauce and corn tortilla options. Our meal with 1 soda was $13.
Most meals were $8-$10. served with beans and rice. the beans were actually pretty good.

i wouldn't go back but it wasn't horrid.