“Shockingly Clean for a VI”
Review of Village Inn

Village Inn
Ranked #19 of 121 Restaurants in Rio Rancho
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Bernalillo, New Mexico
“Shockingly Clean for a VI”
Reviewed May 4, 2014

My husband and I ate at the Rio Rancho VI on Saturday April 19, 2014 at about 8:30 am. We were Very surprised at how clean the restaurant was. I usually expect for there to be fly carnage on the dusty window sills along with dirty carpet/ booths and sticky salt and pepper shakers. Not here. Even the restrooms- both men's and women's- were very clean. When we asked the friendly cashier what makes this VI different she said it is franchised, not corporate. Our food was as expected for a VI, good. Our service there was friendly and attentive. We ordered a whole carrot cake to take to our Easter Sunday family gathering and it was a hit. Would drive out of my way to visit this Village Inn over the sub-par dirty Denny's close to our house.

• Visited April 2014

Houston, Texas
“Best pizza ever!”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Once again we indulged in the best pizza we have ever had on our trips. The Nate's Supreme is a pizza-eater's dream...you name it and it's on there. Slices are huge and topped high with ingredients.

Visited April 2014
Rio Rancho
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not so great.”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

The food is subpar and the pancakes order I had was very small. I ask for a substation of a equally priced side and was told there would be an extra charge. The place was not very clean looking.

Visited April 2014
Lorton, Virginia
“Good Breakfast Place”
Reviewed December 31, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

As you would expect with a Village Inn, this one in Rio Rancho, NM has a good breakfast for an excellent price. Well worth the stop.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank kdbauder
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Hair Issue”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

After a late night at the balloon festival, my father, sisters and I decided to go grab a late meal. The restaurant was pleasant, the food was it's usual good quality, and we were taking home some left-overs. As we were getting ready to pack our left-overs up, I noticed there was a hair sticking out the middle of my sister's pumpkin pancakes (3/4 of the way gone.) I didn't want to make an issue of it, just told her she wasn't taking them. Then I informed the waitress who said at least you got to eat it all. She took it to the manager, came back, loaded all the plates on the table onto the 'hair in the pancake plate' and left. We went up to pay, the manager asked how our meal was...I told him fine except for the hair in the pancake. What happened next was appalling...the manager assumed we were lying, both he and the waitress said they hadn't seen the hair, were presented with 'the plate' with a long hair laying on top of the pancakes and asked if 'this was the hair'. We paid our bill and will never return.

• Visited October 2013