“unhappy...again!”

Dining options: Dinner
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
“unhappy...again!”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I have been eating at Cazuela's ever since they were in the small building across 528. I have aways enjoyed their food, especially the breakfast burritos. With that said, I will probably never go back. I agree with many of the other reviews. The service is terrible now and will keep me from going back. They recently closed their drive up window which will keep me from getting breakfast burritos either. Just very inconvenient when it was once such a big part of their identity and business. I hope the owners read these reviews and make changes.

• Visited July 2013

Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
“Love this place”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Really good food. It's a great place to sit down and have a nice meal. My wife and I have gone together and really enjoyed our service. After a few visits we brought our 3 kids and the whole family had a great time.

• Visited March 2013
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
“Very improved”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Cazuela's has improved since our last visit. Our service was very good and our server was quite attentive. The food was slow in coming but to me that means it is prepared fresh and not sitting under a heat lamp like at restaurants that have almost instant service, Their home brewed beers are tasty. I tried the IPA and my daughter the Stone Ale. We both felt they were pretty decent, didn't blow us away, but good. Wife had the Chili Rellenos which were quite good but keep in mind if you ask for the :hot" sauce, it will be hot. My Grilled Octopus was tender and tasty. If I was totally critical I'd probably say that the salt in the octopus was a little over done, but it was still good. The chips appear to be made in-house not just heated up out of a grocery store bag, Contrary to a previous review though we had two servings of chips and salsa we were NOT charged for them. The last time we visited Cazuela's I was pretty lukewarm about the restaurant. After this visit I can say that we will be back again!

• Visited March 2013
Dallas, Texas
“Food is good, but service is terrible.”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

We've been to Cazuela's multiple times. I don't know why we keep punishing ourselves. I guess the big juxtaposition is that the food is generally good and the chile is hot, but the service is always consistently poor. The wait staff is friendly, but frankly just not good at anticipating a customer's needs. Many times I see several of them gathered around the front cash register area standing and talking without a care in the world while we sit waiting for more drinks, napkins, etc. I agree with other reviewers about the chips and salsa. I do not understand how Mexican food restaurants can get away with charging for multiple baskets of chips just as much as Italian restaurants shouldn't charge for additional baskets of bread.
Overall, after our last visit this past Sunday we won't be back. It's a shame because unless you go down into Albuquerque there are not that many decent Mexican food restaurants in Rio Rancho. The chorizo and egg breakfast burrito was very good (huge!) and the chilaquiles were average, but the heat of the chile made up for it. Despite this, the service is why I won't be back. Hopefully the owner will recognize he is losing customers because of this.

“Horrible food & even worse service”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Waited 50 minutes to get food. They charge for chips after first bowl, but if you're going to make a 3, 5 & 9 year old wait almost an hour for food, maybe complimentary chips isn't such a bad idea. Food came & it was disgusting. Definitely not worth the wait.