“Wonderful~”

Cazuela's Seafood & Mexican Grill
Ranked #67 of 125 Restaurants in Rio Rancho
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Stopped by here for lunch today on the spur of the moment. Haven't been here for quite awhile. Today I was really happy with the menu and the food. There are several choices of meat that I've never even seen on a menu here in Albuquerque before. I ordered some simple chicken tacos, but wow, the flavor was so great . . . and this place serves Mexican, as well as New Mexican food. I'm a California girl and have really been missing my rice and beans since we moved here 5 years ago! The lightly fried tortillas were a soft golden brown and so tasty with the shredded meat, finely shredded lettuce and finely chopped tomatoes. Something as simple as a Taco was suddenly made new again. My husband had the Menudo, which he said was great once again. He'll come by and pick some up to go from time to time. Didn't sample the beer today because we had more errands to run . . . but next time for sure. There's only one negative, and that is the very slow service, yet all of the food is cooked to order, so the little bit of extra wait isn't a problem. Besides, their fresh chips and salsa are superb, so just come prepared to munch and chat. The customer service was delightful - everyone was very nice. It's an out of the way little spot (just across the street from the north end of the Intel building, on Sara Road); simple to find and so very worth the effort.