“Namaste Cuisine of India and Nepal”

Namaste Cuisine of India and Nepal
Ranked #6 of 122 Restaurants in Rio Rancho
Cuisines: Indian, Nepali
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
“Namaste Cuisine of India and Nepal”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I'm normally not a fan of Indian food. That said, this restaurant made me want to try other Indian restaurants. The food is quite tasty and well prepared, and fortunately, not too spicy for my tastebuds. That staff is very attentive without being annoying. A lunch buffet is available during the week which makes it possible to try different dishes to determine your favorites. We have always enjoyed our meals here, and have been here at least half a dozen times over the past year. It's a family atmosphere, at least at the dinner hour, and all the young ones were well behaved. reasonable prices make it easy on the budget.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank TrudiC44

Rio Rancho, New Mexico, United States
“Great food and friendly service”
Reviewed December 17, 2013

I've always liked Indian food, but for years the only local place where I liked to eat it was on the other side of town. Namaste is less than 10 minutes from my house and I had driven by it hundreds of times without stopping in before I finally went in one day to try their lunch buffet. Since then, it has become one of my favorite restaurants. The staff are always friendly and attentive, the buffet is very reasonably priced and offers a great variety of dishes, and everything that I've ordered here has been top notch. Highly recommended!

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank Darin K
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Great Food like Mama made..”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

..if Mama was from Nepal. She makes some pretty fine Indian food, too. Nepalese is more gently spiced than Indian cuisine, but entirely admirable. I can't say about the buffet-often these are less tasty offerings, but I haven't tried them. The Tandoori Shrimp cannot be beaten, anywhere, anytime. The nan (bread) is great, the fish and chicken dishes can't be beat.
The only downside is that it's dinerish, and not ritzy. The family's kids are over in the corner doing their homework. But it's a good test restaurant for a date. Afterwards, if he/she whines, dump 'em. If he/she likes it, you got a good one. And if he/she cooks better than this, propose.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Steve207
“Delicious! Don't miss this one!”
Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

I had never eaten this type of food before, but I selected this restaurant based on its reviews. My well-traveled friends told me I selected well! We all enjoyed the wonderful food and hospitality we received at this family-owned restaurant. We all agreed we would like to return here for another meal before leaving town.

1 Thank K9sage
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
“Good but not number one!”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Namaste is good, but not the number one restaurant in Rio Rancho. I was shocked to see their rating. The first time you are there the food is quite good. The problem is the menu never changes. However, I do go for the Samosas. That is one thing they don't need to change. I do not care for a steady diet of Indian/Nepalese food but do enjoy it on occasion. The atmosphere is definitely not for fine dining. It feels more like a "diner." One thing they do have going for them is the fact that you are greeted and served by the owners and members of their family. They are definitely hard working, are warm and friendly and quite attentive. Maybe they are rated number one because of their personal attention. That's hard to find in America these days. More power to them!

• Visited September 2013