“family vacation”

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Rio Rancho
Southwick, Massachusetts
“family vacation”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2012

I stayed there when visiting family! My grandchildren stayed with me and loved the indoor pool!
The continental breakfast was great! My grandkids loved the waffle maker! Very nice having a microwave and fridge in the room! I would definately stay again!

Room Tip: There was a kids gym competition over the weekend! I will ask next time if any functions like that a...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Lucinda K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2011

I was hesitant about my future stay at this hotel because of the recent reviews, however I was suprised at how clean the hotel was! We stayed for 4 days over Thanksgiving holiday. It's in a safe area if town and Its located walking distance to a Target which made Black Friday shopping easy. The hotel was very clean. The housekeepers cleaned our room and supplied new towels everyday without us having to ask them to. We didnt eat the breakfast though so I cant comment on that, however it did smell good. The staff was very friendly, including the owner, Devin, who was onsite. They also allowed pets and they have an indoor pool. I would recommend this hotel for others

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
New Mexico
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2011

Stayed during wk long conference in the area. Room was small with even smaller bathroom. Having a large trash dumpster in directly in front of lower level rooms very unattractive. It took 2 days to have broken bathrm doorknob fixed. Houskeeping not consistent in cleaning & restocking. Shopping and restaurants in walking distance was a plus. Quiet during the stay.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank nmnurse
Omaha, Nebraska
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2011

This was the worst experience I have ever had with a hotel. There were several things that were broken in the 2 rooms I and my family stayed in. And the microwave was missing from our room. The pool looked like it hadn't been maintained, and the jacuzzi tub foamed up when it was started. All around, I was very disappointed with the condition of the rooms and pool. I will never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Rio Rancho hotels

Amarillo, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2011

We stayed here for the convenience of the location, but I would have rather stayed further away than at this location.
1) the afternoon that we checked in we had to make 7 trips back to the office because our door cards would stop working each time we left (we made sure that they were not near phones or anything like that.
2) the carpeting in our room was so dirty that when I got out of the shower, walked across the room and then back and stood on the towel, the towel had black foot prints on it
3) when we checked in we were charged $1.50 for a room safe that i told them we would not use. I was told that we could get a refund when we checked out, which meant that I had to go back to the office....again. which i did, they gave me another receipt showing where i wasn't charged for it, except that checking my account and i was charged the full amount that included the $1.50 I have traveled all over europe, Israel, Nicaragua and the 50 US states and have never had to pay for the safe being in my room. THIS IS PURELY A RIP OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!
4) breakfast was a joke, they had 1 waffle maker for a whole room full of people, about a half dozen boiled eggs, some stale danish, 2 kinds of dry cereal. the pump coffee pots were out more than they were in.
I will never stay here again, and I will reconsider ever staying in a Days Inn at all....for these prices, i can stay at a Holiday Inn express or even a La Quinta.
5) King bed was extremely soft and had a very deep indentation in the middle. if you didn't sleep on the edge, then you were both in the middle together.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Tucson, Arizona
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2011

The previous reviews are all correct: It's cheap, it's shabby and the carpets are scary. Ours has a patch in front of the sink. The problem is that the patch is a half inch shy of filling the hole they made.
Just went to the office to inform them they should mop the bathroom floor because there is a dried pee puddle in front of the toilet.
The A/C unit has two settings: full cold and recirculate without heat or cool. However, to make up for that, it produces some very entertaining noises.
We don't ask for much for this price - just clean. This room does not smell bad but the carpet and the bathroom floor are enough to guarantee we will never stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Vacaville
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2011

This place has gone downhill. This was our 3rd stay in 3 yrs. This time we found a roach in the bathroom one morning, had no bath towels another morning and the wireless internet access failed every day. On the plus side, the staff did reset the wireless when asked.

There is an automatic charge of $1.50 per day for the safe even when you say you do not want it. They do take it off when you check out, but I bet most people forget and just leave never to return again which is what we will do.

The rates are cheap, but I will stay elsewhere next time.

Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Comfort Inn & Suites North
Comfort Inn & Suites North
#47 of 144 in Albuquerque
Hyatt Regency Tamaya Resort & Spa

Been to Days Inn Rio Rancho? Share your experiences!