“Quiet location and close to retail stores and restaurants.”

Extended Stay America - Albuquerque - Rio Rancho
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Rio Rancho
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Quiet location and close to retail stores and restaurants.”
Reviewed May 16, 2014

The hotel is up on a hill overlooking multiple well known retail stores and restaurants; within 2 to 5 minutes travel. There is no commercial or residential traffic making it a very quiet place to stay. The Rio Rancho NM location may not be ideal for Albuquerque but using the Interstate got me anywhere I wanted to go within 30 to 45 minutes drive depending on the time of day. The room appliances may be old but the hotel is clean and I found the bed comfortable. I got a daily room rate under $50 for the one week. The best part was seeing the Santa Ana Mountain looking out my hotel room window.

Room Tip: Get a North side third floor room to best view the Santa Ana Mountain.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Albuquerque - Rio Rancho, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I’m so pleased to learn that you enjoyed our clean rooms with fully equipped kitchens and convenient location at a great value. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
New Mexico
Reviewed May 5, 2014

Good value at this hotel. Rooms were only $46 and they were clean and comfortable. The service was great...they had some trouble with their computer running the credit card, so they told me just check in to my room and bring the card back at a later time...wow, that's never happened before.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Albuquerque - Rio Rancho, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I'm glad that we provided you with a clean, comfortable stay at a great value. As well, it's great to hear that you enjoyed the quality service provided by our staff. I will be sure to share your kind remarks with our team. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Tucson, AZ
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Stayed 2 days. No room cleaning unless you pay extra $3per day. Will give fresh towels if you bring down dirty ones. Grab & go breakfast is just that, coffee, granola bar, apple, orange, no juice. Can't check in before 3pm unless you pay additional $25; got there at 2:15. Hard bed. Only 1clerk on duty; times I needed clerk, was gone assisting other guests. Had to wait 10min even though sign said be back in 5min.

Room Tip: City view in odd number rooms.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed April 18, 2014

First time at any Extended Stay. Picked hotel for inexpensive rate. Stayed 2 days; no room cleaning unless you pay additional $3 per day. However, you can get fresh linen if you bring down towels for replacement. Have only 1 clerk on duty; was gone when I went to check in; there was note on front desk that she would be gone. Can't check in before 3pm unless you pay additional $25. Breakfast grab & go has no juice, only coffee, tea, granola bar, orange, or muffin. Luckily I knew there was a great place for breakfast 2 miles down road(Wecks). Bed was hard, air conditioning didn't work; was offered another room, but did not want to move my stuff. Should have been working in first place; was set at lowest setting (60) before I got in, so maids should have known it wasn't working.

Room Tip: Get odd number room to see Albuquerque lights at night.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Albuquerque - Rio Rancho, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. It upsets me to learn that our overall accommodations did not meet your expectations. Also, I sincerely apologize for the maintenance issues in your room and am working with the staff to improve our maintenance policies to ensure your experience is not repeated. If you would like to provide any additional comments, please feel free to contact me directly at, afisher@extendedstay.com.

Again, thank you for the comments. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience in the future.
Durango, Colorado
Reviewed April 7, 2014

I like the location and convenience. I have stayed here several times but each time I come it is a little more dingy and dirty. The staff are always very nice but the cleaning and servicing of the appliances needs to be stepped up.

Room Tip: Ask for the top floor facing downtown Albuquerque. Lower floors are noisier.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Albuquerque - Rio Rancho, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Thank you for the recent review of your stay. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our friendly staff and convenient location. Still, I’m upset to learn that our level of cleanliness did not meet your expectations. Please know, I am working with our entire staff to improve our cleaning procedures to ensure that your experience is not repeated. If you have any additional feedback, please feel free to contact me directly at, abq2@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.

Travelers are raving about these Rio Rancho hotels

Garfield Heights, Ohio
Reviewed April 1, 2014

My wife and I stayed here for several weeks. The staff was excellent and always assisted us in every way. Hotel was very clean and the room was great. Too many people nitpick any little thing. We thought for our price we got a great deal. We will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay on the mountain side for a great view.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Albuquerque - Rio Rancho, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Thank you so much for posting a review of our hotel. I'm glad that we were able to provide you with a clean, comfortable stay at an affordable price. As well, it's great to hear that you enjoyed our staff during your visit. I will be sure to share your kind remarks with our team. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Emmaus
Reviewed March 30, 2014

We stayed here for two weeks, and generally enjoyed it. There is a full kitchen and a clean and good sized room with comfortable beds.

And now for the problems with plumbing. The tub drained rather slowly at first, then completely stopped up after a few days. The Manager, Thea, was very helpful, and personally came in to fix the problem, but I had to go out and buy a can of Draino to really fix it up. A few days after that the toilet backed up, and once again Thea came in and fixed it. Apparently the property owners do not have a budget for routine maintenance.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Albuquerque - Rio Rancho, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am so disappointed that you experienced plumbing issues during your stay. I have reviewed your comments with our maintenance staff to ensure your experience is not repeated. Still, I am glad to read that you were pleased with our staff and your comfortable bed. Your feedback is very important to us, so thank you for sharing. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at afisher@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rio Rancho
#51 of 144 in Albuquerque
Nativo Lodge Albuquerque
Nativo Lodge Albuquerque
#41 of 144 in Albuquerque

Been to Extended Stay America - Albuquerque - Rio Rancho? Share your experiences!