“Copper King Lodge is the Tops!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Copper King Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Red River
Copper King Lodge
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Red River
Grand Prairie, Texas
“Copper King Lodge is the Tops!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2012

A beautiful place! We stayed in #35 the first week of June for 3 nights. Lisa was tops and we even ran into her and the maintenance guy Luis (builds the custom bed frames) in town and they were still asking how we were enjoying our stay and did we need any help. 2nd floor gave us view of the River and we were up high with the hummingbirds. Kitchenette had every thing we needed. No AC, but in Red River, you don't NEED it! Having come from the Dallas area I was worried about that at first. . We used the fireplace in the mornings to break the chill. Right over the bridge we walked some of the paths on the mountain. Everyone in Red River is SO FRIENDLY. They all truly love their little town and it shows. We really didn't "do" anything. We were on a trip to totally unplug from city life. We unplugged alright! Our cell coverage was only one bar and Data Plans from AT&T didn't work. That was FINE WITH ME!!! We turned on the tv about 15 minutes to check the Ranger score. That too was fine with me! We enjoyed walking the paths, walking the town, shopping, we drove to Fawn Lake right outside of town and walked that path. I had fun taking photographs of some chipmunks that wanted to put on a show. We did a day trip to Taos and came back "home" to our fire. I would recommend the lodge to anyone! Now, make sure you look at the room maps correctly. At first, I thought #35 was ground level. We were upstairs though so we had to haul all our groceries up stairs. That was my error but it ended up being the perfect place. I loved being able to look down on the river and watch the ducks "duck rafting" the river. They were a hoot! We happened to be in town during the old car rally. We were afraid that would mean a bunch of noise and that was FAR FAR from it. It was actually quiet where we were. We were able to walk to the end of the street to watch the night time parade of cars. And everyone left Sunday which was our 2nd night, so by Monday we had the town of Red River almost to ourselves. If you have been thinking about going to Red River. Go ...GO....GOOO as fast as you can!!!

Room Tip: No AC, but with Red River weather that's ok. 2 Fans in the room you can sit near windows to pul...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank swaktexas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Abilene, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2012

We chose the Copper King Lodge on our first trip to Red River. We have returned to the Copper King Lodge every year since then for our vacation. It truly is just a wonderful place to stay. It is clean and affordable. Everybody is so friendly and helpful! It suits our needs perfectly! We love to fish out of the river that runs just behind the lodge. We are hoping to return to Red River and the Copper King Lodge late this summer. If you need an excellent place to stay, Copper King Lodge is definitely the place!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2012

Red River is a small vacation community nestled in the mountains of northern New Mexico. It is often referred to as the “mountain playground.” In the heat of the Texas summer, it does not disappoint as a cool mountain retreat for a family “playcation.” Our family has vacationed in Red River for three-generations. The last several years we have stayed at the Copper King Lodge. Its riverside location one block off of Main Street is ideally suited for enjoying all that Red River offers. Owners Clay and Michelle along with their friendly staff make the Copper King feel like home. Rooms are clean and comfortable with all the amenities of home. We love this place and think you will too…and then there are the mountains, river, cool-clear nights and fun-filled days.

The Woods family

Room Tip: Ask for a river view.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2012

We could not have asked for a better end to our honeymoon. When we called to make the reservation, Clay was nice enough to inform us of a biker rally that weekend and although he was happy to book us a room for that weekend, he suggested waiting if at all possible for the rally to be over. Although a bike rally sounds like fun, we wanted to avoid crowds and noise, so we took his advice. We arrived on Memorial Day to find the town devoid of any motorcycles and the town was blissfully quiet. We made the right decision. The room was just as he described and there was a bottle of sparkling Apple Cider on the table to celebrate our honeymoon. I looked for Clay durning our two day stay and couldn't find him to thank him, so Clay, thanks for the cider!

Also, Lisa, who works the desk during the day recommended a hike for us that was perfect! I wish we could have stayed longer, as it was the quietest and most reasonably priced room during our 10 day trip. The accomodations could not have been better. We are planning on returning in October for an overnight trek into the mountains and plan on staying here again.

Thanks again to the staff and owners of Copper King Lodge. You will see us soon.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2012 via mobile

I'm very picky at where I stay in Red River, because somewhat good priced places are usually bad and decent places are expensive. This was perfect! I got exactly what I wanted for a great price. We had a little kitchen for our morning coffee needs and the hot tub was a bonus! While sitting in the hottub right next to the river, we had a deer walk through. I love Red River, I've been going my whole life and this was by far the best place I've ever stayed! :)

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank Zitkala-Sa
Dalhart, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2012

Amazing Stay!!!!! Lodge was very clean, had all the luxuries of home and had the enjoyment of the outdoors (river, mountains, wildlife) all at your back door. We felt so comfortable and enjoyed every moment of our stay at the Copper King Lodge. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Albuquerque
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

This was our 3rd yr in a row spending our anniversary at Copper King Lodge and as ALWAYS we had a wonderful relaxing and perfect time. I have spent my entire life going to Red River yearly if not more so I have stayed all over the great lil town, but once I found Copper King Lodge we will not stay anywhere else. The beauty alone is enough to keep anyone coming back to Red River but staying at Copper King Lodge I have found a slice of heaven, with the deer greeting you morning and night and the constant of the friendly lil ducks to the quietness of the mountains and the rubbling of the river, Copper King Lodge offers it all. The staff is always a pleasure to deal with and the handy man, Marvin is always a joy to to have a conversation with. I suggest anyone looking for the "perfect" place to stay in Red River to give Copper King Lodge a call, I promise you will not regret it!

Room Tip: Choose a river front room with a deck so you make sure to have the ducks and deer greeting you :)
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
#1 of 4 in Eagle Nest
Ponderosa Lodge
Ponderosa Lodge
#8 of 8 in Red River

Been to Copper King Lodge? Share your experiences!