“Relaxing home away from home”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Red River
Terrace Towers Lodge
Reviewed September 20, 2013

I stayed here quite a bit last summer and fall related to work, and am back again this year. It's relaxing and the view is quite lovely. I enjoy having a nice kitchen available for cooking to help keep my waistline and budget in line. Terrace Towers is at the west end of town but still an easy walk to activities and restaurants; since it's not in the middle of everything it's very quiet at night for a great night's sleep. There's also easy access to nearby hiking trails for after work exercise. Big plus, Lisa and Ron are the most gracious hosts.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank Laura S
There are newer reviews for Terrace Towers Lodge

Reviewed July 30, 2013

We have been staying here for several years. Lisa and Ron are great people who are always wanting to make your stay a good one. The beds are comfortable and the view is fantastic! Being located on the west side of town provides a little bit of noise control. It is adjacent to the Forest to the west and best of all it is PET FRIENDLY!!! It is clean and the atmosphere is wonderful. During the summer months, Lisa and Ron try to have cookouts for their guests, weather permitting. I checked out the one complainer on this site and looked at other reviews by that person, and shock of shocks, of the five reviews he/she gave, there were tacky things said about all but one, so if you don't like Red, stay home!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Marla N
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Just like Red River, Terrace Towers is kind of old, rustic, and very comfortable. Just spent three nights there and it was very nice. It's the last business on the west end of town so much of the noise and traffic doesn't intrude but it's close enough to walk anywhere in town. The owner lives onsite and is very helpful. The kitchen was small but had what we needed. Last time we stayed here we enjoyed the hottub, but it is gone. If you like Red River, you'll love Terrace Towers.

Room Tip: they are all two-bedroom suites, I prefer the first floor rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank danw5zt
Reviewed February 25, 2013

My Husband and I learned of the Terrace Towers one weekend we spent there when we met Lisa and her family! Very sweet, all of them, by the way! The hospitality we were shown was unsurpassed by far from anywhere we have ever stayed. The units were small, yes, but absolutely adorable. We will always stay there and the affordability of them allows my husband and I to get away more often. We enjoy Red River so very much and Lisa, Ron and Michaela treat us like family. Getting snowed in the second week of Feb. 2013 was one of the most relaxing vacations I have ever had. One of the reviews was critical of no room service and taking out their own trash but most of the places in red river are set up much the same way. There is a Kitchen for a reason and the futon is for convenience. Maybe your maid could sleep there! In fact you could probably stay in a cabin for twice the price with less accommodations. Thank you Lisa, Ron and Michaela for being who you are! Linda and Kris

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Linda M
Reviewed January 27, 2013

When we had just three days before one of the busiest holiday weekends, our only desire and budget allowed a two day visit, and it was our 32nd Wedding anniversary, I cringed at the endless words from many lodges, "sorry, there's a minimum of a three day stay."

To my surprise when I called Terrace Towers, gracefully recommended by another facility, Lisa immediately granted us our two nights stay inquiring attentively about the number of years of our marriage. Once we arrived, Linda congratulated us on our anniversary without us saying a word, then offered us a complimentary bottle of an orange juice bubbly and two wine glasses. Asking about where we were going to have our anniversary dinner, Linda then picked up the phone and called a popular restaurant inquiring about the waiting time, Linda proceeded to give them our names and to hold a table.

Linda placed us on an upper level and the view was spectacular. Gazing over the rooftops of nearby shops and inns, the snowy ski lift cascaded down the mountain framing the background beyond the main street.

Paneled in rich pine like a familiar cozy cabin from my past, the inside of the unit was spotless, tidy, and organized as if my late grandmother were expecting us. Also, the kitchen was stocked with necessities of home including a breakfast table that sat near a laced porch front window.

Lisa could be found mingling with the relaxed visitors as she conducts her "I hope everything is satisfactory" stroll. Even though some units had children, we were not disturbed and we slept soundly.

Thank you Linda. We will be back!

Room Tip: We were satisfied with the 'room with a view' located at the second level.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Mary409
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Wow!!! Red River knocked my sox off!! Terrace Towers was fantastic, the views were stunning, the staff was uber friendly, understanding (you rock Lisa) and personable, the rooms were older but quiet and stocked with all the needed ammenities. Plenty of room for my pooch to do his business. Very user friendly lodge with a good vibe, highly reccommended. Red river offers world class fishing, the disc golf course at the top of the mountain is one of the best courses I have ever played. Red river is one of my new favorite retreats for recreation, people watching and relaxation and I will stay at Terrace Towers every time.
Will-Santa Fe, NM

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Will D
Reviewed August 25, 2012

This was a great place to spend the week, Lisa and Ron helped with anything that we needed, The rooms were rustic (just what I was told when I booked) but very clean.There was a lot of room to take my dogs for a walk. We enjoyed our stay and will come again.
Peggy and Ed

#8 of 26 in Red River
Sitzmark Lodge
Sitzmark Lodge
#2 of 26 in Red River

Been to Terrace Towers Lodge? Share your experiences!