“Great ski vacation, lovely owners, will go back!”

Riverside Lodge & Cabins
New York City, New York
“Great ski vacation, lovely owners, will go back!”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

My family and I stayed at the Riverside Lodge & Cabins in February and we all had a great time! It's a perfect place to go for a ski vacation, not only is it a great ski location, and centrally located, we loved that we could literally ski in and out and enjoyed the time in the hot tub!!. The owners were amazing and made our stay more enjoyable! Now I'm planning another vacation there so I figured I'd write a review! :)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Reviewed March 8, 2013

I will definitely come back to The Riverside.... My husband & I plus our 7 year old son vacationed here over the New Year 2013. We stayed 10 days... We seriously didn't want to leave. The couple who run the Riverside are very courteous & welcoming. The rooms are quaint and cozy... I'm ready to go back!!!!

• Stayed January 2013
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 1, 2013

I recently stayed here again with a group of friends and it was once again perfect. The rooms were great & clean (the mattresses gave me the best night sleep I've had in a long time they must have gotten new ones since my last stay). We wanted something that was ski in and ski out and were literally at the base of the copper chair. The facilities were well kept and the huge hot tube was exactly what we needed after a long day of skiing. The staff was very helpful (forgot a hair dryer and they brought one right over). The owners were so nice which I find is something that's hard to find in most places. I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a perfect ski vacation.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Burleson, Texas
Reviewed January 7, 2013

My family and I stayed at Riverside for 6 days over the New Year's holiday and we had a great time. The location was great and central to everything. Skiing, Shopping, and Restaurants were all within easy walking distance. As for the room we stayed in, it was exactly as advertised and the customer service was amazing. The ladies in the front office were very kind and the staff was quick to address any issues that came up. I met the owner (Jeff) early on in our stay and it was obvious that he was very involved in the day to day operations of the lodge/cabins. He was constantly walking around the grounds taking care of whatever needed to be done and he was always very helpful with whatever we needed. At one point, he even folded a load of our laundry that was in one of the community dryers and started drying our other load that was sitting in one of the washers just so other folks could use the facilities. Obviously, this is not something that should be expected of him but it just goes to show how far they are willing to go with their customer service.
As for access to the lifts, it was a great location. The copper lift was about a 100yrds from our front door and it takes you to the top of the mountain. The main ski chalet was also an easy walk from this place and was no more than a few blocks away.
All in all, this was a great place to stay and surpassed my expectations. I will definitely be staying with them again next time we are in town.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Once again! Great service! Great value! Great convenience.

Our second time to stay at the riverside. Stayed in 12c. Perfect amount of room for the four of us. Condo style with cabin decor. Perfect for ski trip cabin feel. Beds were really comfy.

Love it! Will be back again next year.

• Stayed January 2013
Amarillo, Texas
Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

This past Sunday, my wife and I checked out to go home. The very next morning, I received a call to inform me that the housekeeping staff found my wife's debit card under the bed. The honesty and integrity of their staff was refreshing and appreciated. I know where my wife and I will be staying in Red River from now on...Riverside Lodge!

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank JoeDaddy62
Allen, Texas, United States
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I have chosen and stayed at the Riverside for many years. My parents use to know the owners but I think the property may have changed hands. We stayed in a one bedroom with small kitchenette and den area in the units across from the office. The place was clean, we had plenty of hot water all week and it was pretty quiet. We love it because it's right in the center of town and you can walk anywhere from the Riverside. We had one issue this time and it was with the maid service. We had to let the managers know our room had not been serviced: no fresh towels and bed not made up. It took two complaints before we had clean bed linens. Now, this is up in the mountains and we could get by without having clean sheets for a couple of days. But when I am on vacation and paying rent, I do expect someone to come in and change out the used towels, pick up trash and make the bed. I would stay again but I might be checking out some other places first. It is time to get new carpets and maybe update the furniture somewhat.

Room Tip: The Riverside is very competitive with room prices. They have several different rooms to fit all nee...