“Great food and atmosphere!”

Texas Reds Steakhouse and Saloon
Ranked #8 of 28 Restaurants in Red River
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Lumberton, Texas, United States
“Great food and atmosphere!”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Fresh food, Wonderful Waitstaff. Real lodge feel with fireplace, peanuts on the table and fresh bread with each order. A little pricey but nice place to eat

USA
“Disappointing”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Was once a great institution and a great location. The service was poor and the food selection was poor. The night we were there the only side they had was salad and potato. Steaks are too pricey not to have a good selection of sides. The meal was disappointing.

Visited December 2012
Denver, Colorado
“Long wait good food”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Good food, had to wait a long time to be seated. Nice atmosphere not necessarily for kids. Serving size was reasonable but the ribeye salad was huge!

Round Rock, Texas
“Great service - average steaks”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Our group of 19 descended on Texas Reds to enjoy a group dinner on our last night in Red River. We received a warm greeting and a look of surprise when we said table for 19. My small group came 45 minutes early to give them time to get us 2 tables (10 for the adults and 9 for the kids). They were able to seat us and we were pleased with that. Since my wife and son and I arrived ahead of the group, we decided to enjoy some wine while we waited. The bartender was very helpful and friendly but we were disappointed to learn that the only New Mexico (local vineyard) wine they had was sold by the bottle. I would suggest they add more local wines and make them available by the glass. Our server was super. She was able to split our checks up and match parents to their kid(s) from the separate table. Also she did not add an automatic gratuity which I was pleased about (we still left 20% since she did such a great job). My wife and I both had 8oz filets. My wife had to send her back as it came out med rare when she wanted it medium. My steak was cooked as ordered but I found it to be a bit fatty for a filet cut. Flavors were wonderful and the pretzel bread is awesome. They had some Elk and Buffalo burgers on the menu. I would have liked to have seen Elk and Buffalo steaks but there were not any. Overall the staff was great and the food was average. I would eat there again.

Waxahachie, Texas, United States
“First Night Dinner”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Little pricey for what you get. Bread was delicious! Live music was a plus while we were waiting! Smaller steak sizes would be great for those that want steak but don't need to eat a lot!

Visited December 2012