“Bleh...”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Timbers Steakhouse - CLOSED

Timbers Steakhouse
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Bleh...”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

My girlfriend had pleaded for us to go to the Timbers and eat because when she was younger is was really really good. So we went and it was the biggest mistake. The staff were just wandering around ( restaurant was nearly completly empty) and finally got seated and ordered our food...we didnt see a waitress or waiter until our food got to us. The food was okay, nothing to brag about...biggest vomplaimentvwas the serving staff, by far.

• Visited August 2012

“Service was great. Food was just average.”
Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

We ate here on our recent trip to Red River. The service was great. Our waiter was awesome. The food, on the other hand, was just average and too pricey for the quality. They overcooked my husbands steak. We probably won't go back.

• Visited July 2013
“Decent meal”
Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

Felt a little rushed even though they were not crowded. Food arrived too quickly between courses but did arrive hot. Service was very good.

• Visited May 2013
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Great food”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

This is an excellent place to eat for the family. They have everything from burgers to ribeye steak and mashed potatoes. I wish I could say the same for the waitress staff. Everyone around us was experiencing the same thing. We were given our food and almost finished eating before we were given our drinks. We weren't even asked for dessert but didn't want to stay any longer.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Leslie C
“This place needs Gordon Ramsey”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I've been to Red River more times than I can count and I just don't understand the appeal of this place. It's a big, nice looking building with a great view of the ski area. When it's open, there always seems to be people pouring in. Seems like a great place for someone to open a restaurant. The food is just bad. I've visited this place probably 4 times spread out of the last 10 years and I have never had a great meal. I keep coming back thinking that they have to getting better. News Flash....they're not. I give up. Until I see a sign that says "under new ownership", I won't come back. Maybe Gordon Ramsey, from "Kitchen Nightmares", can do something with this place. The problem is, there aren't enough choices in Red River so people are almost forced to revisit these mediocre (at best) restaurants.

• Visited February 2013