TripAdvisor
Red River
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews rv park family trip stayed here shuttle truck privacy mountains town hummingbirds internet fall hosts riverside west fishing
Selected filters
Reviewed July 8, 2019 via mobile

...but I was pleasantly surprised and very impressed with the park and the hosts. We have now rv’d in multiple places in Red River, and we will choose to stay here next time. The fishing is good in this area. The highway noise did not bother us at all (we were in site 2 on the river).

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank 238claytonb
Reviewed July 2, 2019 via mobile

Our stay at Red River RV Park was very relaxing. The owners are one of the best that you will ever meet. The Rv slots are gravel and for the most part level. The utilities worked as they should our entire stay. The park is situated between the Main Street and the Red River but the road noise was except able and the gentle splashing of the River enhanced our stay. We would stay here again. We camped in a class A Motorhome.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed March 15, 2019 via mobile

Owners were very nice and accommodating. Easy pull in and hook up. Nice hot showers. Close enough to town for shuttle. Far enough out to have peaceful sleep by the creek. No complaints. Will visit this park again!

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed March 3, 2019

Made a reservation for two nights a month in advance, for Red River's Mardi Gras in the Mountains. A major storm was predicted for the next day, so we decided to cut our stay short after staying one night. When I went in to cancel the second night, I was told they never refunded anyone, but they would this time. I just wouldn't get all the money back for the second night's stay we wouldn't be using.

I've never run into this non-cancellation policy before ever, and we've stayed all over the western US. When my wife went in to talk to the manager after I did, she was told they wouldn't stay in business if they gave refunds like that.

I suspect they won't stay in business long anyway with that policy in place and the rude treatment. Traveling for business over 25 years, I was always able to change reservations on at least a few hours' notice.

If you value flexibility in your travel plans, never stay here. There are plenty of other options in Angel Fire and Taos.

Date of stay: March 2019
2  Thank Mark B
RRRVPark, Owner at Red River RV Park, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2019

Mark,

As we had said upon your departure, we hope you had safe travels to your next destination.

Although it was stated in our cancellation policy and check in information that we do not offer refunds for early checkout, we did give you a 75% refund for your second night's stay. We apologize if you weren't satisfied with that refund, beyond the gratitude you expressed in the office.

Our policies are consistent with other RV Parks in Red River and were given at the time of making a reservation and check in. If guests are unsure of the length of their stay, we encourage them to make reservations for only the amount of days they are sure to stay. We are sorry if our we came across as rude. We try our best to deal with disgruntled behavior in a kind and straight forward way.

We hope you take time to explore and enjoy this beautiful area, even if you choose not to stay with us again. Thank you.

Reviewed October 24, 2018

My husband and I stayed here for six weeks this summer and thoroughly enjoyed the park. The owners, Tim and Liz, are awesome. So personable and warm. It was like being welcomed home. The park sits in a beautiful location, right on the river, nestled in the mountains, and tall pines. It's within walking distance to Red River's shops and restaurants. And if you have a dog, just around the corner there is a park for your pet to run free. We had such fun here, we will definitely return and stay longer. Love. Love. Love, Red River RV Park.

Room tip: Get a spot on the river. But book way in advance, because they go fast!
Date of stay: June 2018