“Black Diamond Grill”

Black Diamond Grill
Ranked #16 of 28 Restaurants in Red River
Cuisines: Barbecue, Pizza, Wine Bar
Good for: Families with children, Scenic view
Description: Cary and Sadie from The Pit Stop would like to welcome you to The Black Diamond Grill. As of Friday December 11, 2015 our doors will be open under new management. We will be offering daily specials, smoked meats, and homemade desserts. Come check out our new menu items. Our Daily Specials! Mon. Hand Breaded Chicken Fried Steak Tue. All you can eat spaghetti Wed. Grilled Shrimp Skewers Thur. Tacos...shrimp, pulled pork or chicken Fri. Ribs Sat. Prime Rib Sun. Prime Rib We and our staff look forward to serving you, and have a great winter season!
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Located at the Black Mountain Lodge. The food was very good however, they do not have breakfast service.

There are newer reviews for Black Diamond Grill

Reviewed March 14, 2014

We ate there the first week of March 2014. Great food. Excellent service. I had the brisket. Since the owners originate from Texas, it was EXCELLENT!! One of my sons got the brisket nachos, Another WINNER!
I wish we had found this restaurant at the beginning of our trip. We had met a server, Shane, at a different place and he told us to check it out there. GLAD we did. It is very conveniently located right by the main chalet, so at the end of a day of skiing you can always relax and enjoy some really great food at this restaurant.
I strongly recommend Black Diamond Grill.

1  Thank 123forme
Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

Great atmosphere and one of the best steaks I have had. Never had a bad item on the menu. It is a must if you go to red river nm.

Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I went for a snack around lunch time. The owner was the only one there and didn't wait on us in a timely manner. When he finally did, he seemed like he wasn't interested in helping us. We went back at the end of the day to get a beer, the bartender came off as kind of a jerk at first but I think it was just me because he ended up being a really nice guy who was very personable. After that encounter we decided to try it for dinner the next night. Shame on us...the owner was drunk when we got there, there was a 1 year old running around, one waitress doing everything (including watching the kid who wasn't hers--he seemed to be the child of one of the owners friends) and after coming to our table and telling us about the steak special being even cheaper than advertised they charged us the more expensive price. When I sent the check to be fixed, the owner seemed annoyed.
The food is good, with an exception of the pizza which might be frozen before hand..but the customer service was lacking terribly. I also don't think it says much about the owner when he's drunk in his own establishment during PRIME business hours.
Good to go to if you want a drink, not worth the food prices for the service you get.

1  Thank Sydney C
Reviewed January 20, 2014

My family ate here tonight and our meal was amazing! The best was the daily special- steak sandwich! We are ready to go back for lunch tomorrow just to get that again. The pulled pork, meatloaf and chopped brisket were also great. We have eaten at most of the restaurants in red river and this one is the best by far.