“Not good food... way too much $$”
Review of Brett's Bistro

Brett's Bistro
Ranked #13 of 30 Restaurants in Red River
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Located in the center of town, we offer the best quality of foods available anywhere. Chef Brett is a third generation resident of Red River, and has had restaurants in Red River for 35 years. Our present local is quaint with panoramic views of main street. We specialize in Choice hand cut steaks, Prime Rib, fresh seafood, and trout. We have cool salads, pasta,and our lunch menu offers full sandwiches. The Best N.M. green chile cheese burgers in the state. Great wine list, and the coldest Beer in town! We are celebrating our fifth year at our Lifts West Location, and would like to invite you to Brett`s Bistro.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

They said they have vegetarian, they only have 1 dish and it was very spicy. The chicken fried steak was tough and the gravy came from a package.

Reviewed October 1, 2018

The owner and chef knows what he is doing for sure. Table cloths and good staff are helpful and the food was above par... but so was the pricing.

its simple.. if you wanted a better than average meal and are willing to pay up for that above average experience then i highly recommend Bretts... no doubt the food is good

Reviewed September 14, 2018 via mobile

Great food fast friendly service great staff, chairs are hard sort of hard to be comfortable looks like the did not vacuum after lunch rush? Food and debris on floor, food was excellent Cajun food and German chocolate cake!

Reviewed September 14, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I went for dinner September 12. We have frequently eaten here it’s our favorite spot in Red River. The food this night was excellent as always, however the service left a bit to be desired. I don’t know if the young woman was having a bad night or simply didn’t want to be there but it was quite apparent something was wrong. She mentioned one special and as we left I saw the special board. It wasn’t listed but two others were. I would have loved the Veal Marsala had I known about it. No bread with the salad course, it’s on the menu, and no mention of dessert. She barely cracked a smile the whole time we were there. The place was not that busy, we were one table of maybe 3-4 and the only patrons by the time we had finished.
I will go back and try again when I’m in town because the food is great as is the service normally, but it was a bit disappointing this night.

Reviewed August 21, 2018

My wife and I split the Veal special and the other 4 in our party each had the 6 oz Filet. All the dinners were excellent and the service was excellent. I have been here before when the place was packed and yes the service was slow that day although they were moving as fast as they could and of course the food was great. People who complain about the slow service don't have a clue about restaurants in a small town. Ok, rant over. Do yourself a favor and visit this place, as long as you are not in a hurry you will NOT be disappointed.