“food and atmosphere were excellent”
Review of Brett's Bistro

Brett's Bistro
Ranked #12 of 28 Restaurants in Red River
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Located in the center of town, we offer the best quality of foods available anywhere. Chef Brett is a third generation resident of Red River, and has had restaurants in Red River for 35 years. Our present local is quaint with panoramic views of main street. We specialize in Choice hand cut steaks, Prime Rib, fresh seafood, and trout. We have cool salads, pasta,and our lunch menu offers full sandwiches. The Best N.M. green chile cheese burgers in the state. Great wine list, and the coldest Beer in town! We are celebrating our fifth year at our Lifts West Location, and would like to invite you to Brett`s Bistro.
granbury tx
“food and atmosphere were excellent”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

we ate here for lunch, and though we ordered the reuben sandwich, 15 minutes later, were told they were out, ordered the green chili burger, and was prompt and very good..double meat burger topped with cheese and green chili's...pricing was good at under $8...entire menus was reasonable, and very nice new & clean facility for a mountain resort ....

Visited September 2012

Angel Fire, New Mexico
“Brett is simply the best chef in Red River”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Many years ago we dined at Brett's steakhouse outside of town and had been looking for Brett every visit since then. The menu is extensive from seafood to steaks with excellent salads, appetizers and diner favorites such as burgers and chicken fried steak. The french onion soup is to die for and an excellent compliment to the stellar spinach salad. The most tender chicken fried steak I have ever tasted was accompanied by the best cream gravy you can imagine. Excellent service. Next visit I will definitely try some seafood.
We are so thrilled to have Brett back in Red River!

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank LeahMorse
AUSTIN
“Trout Was Dry”
Reviewed August 24, 2012

My husband and I have been visiting Red River for 40 years, on and off. We always try to eat trout when we are there. We met a couple in Antonio's in Taos who lived in Red River. We asked them where to go to eat trout in Red River. They told us about Brett's. So when we went to Red River to shop and look around, we ate lunch at Brett's. Of course we ordered the trout. The restaurant is small but nice. The trout had good flavor, but was dry. Truly I don't know if I would ever go again when we visit Red River again. Maybe we just got the chef on an off day. My advice to you is try it - just don't order the trout.

• Visited August 2012
Prairie Village, Kansas
“Bretts revisited”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

the last time we ate at Bretts was 14 years ago and it was outside of town. The restaurant has relocated to a hotel in town with a lot smaller space and very little ambiance. The food was good (best and largest chicken fried steak in town), but the service was much worse than we remembered.

• Visited August 2012
Allen, Texas, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“First time for Bistro”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

I use to eat at Brett's Steakhouse on end of town years ago. I understand he has just opened this place in May. We went on Tuesday night and I was very impressed. People around town had given it a good review. I started with the fresh fried pork skins! oh yeah!! Then I had the catfish. Very hot and very crispy! To boot, the cook was playing an old Glenn Campbell CD and I could hear him singing along in the kitchen. I wish Brett the best success at this new venture!

Visited August 2012