“Great place to stay for the $$” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of River Ranch

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Red River
River Ranch
Fort Worth, Texas
“Great place to stay for the $$”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2012

We really enjoyed our 5 night stay last week here!! The weather was great!! We had a group of 10....we had a RV site, a cabin and apartment. The only compliant's we had in the various areas that we stayed was:
1. the mattress on the bed's were horrible.....way to hard it felt like you were sleeping on box springs!!
2. the toilet in our apartment would only flush if you filled the tank up with water from a pitcher (we had told them when we arrived and they said someone would come fix it....that never happened)
3. the cabins need new shower curtain's (not one cut in half)

But all and all it was a very good place for the $$

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank glennjam

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Dallas, TX
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2012

Where to find a hot shower for the many campers at RR Natl Forest campsites?

River Ranch is 6 miles away but showers (men) are basically what you would find in a 1970s single wide--cramped, old and sometimes the water is lukewarm turning cooler as you go, doesn't seem reasonable to me at $5/ person; in Taos, 30 miles away, there is a youth/community center with fitness center style locker room/ shower facilities at $2/person; clean, modern and Taos is always fun to see.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank gigi_dfw
Okarche, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2012

We have been to Red River numerous times but this is the first time we have pulled a trailer there. We have stayed at the Golden Eagle in the past, tent camped and now with a travel trailer. It worked perfect for us. The state parks do not have full hook-ups so we ended up here. It was a good fit for us. People were extremely friendly. Spots were easy to manuever into. We have family going to Red River next month so I inquired about the cabins. I was told the cabins were built in the 50's and nothing has been upgraded. They suggested bringing egg crate mattress pad for the beds which are full size and your own linens. Everything else is supplied ie... pans toilet paper etc. Not sure on towels probably not though. I did not hear any complaints from any guest. They have sold two of the small cabins and are building more sites for cabins I believe. I do think that the friendly staff would make me want to stay there again. There is a stocked pond that you can fish for trout in with out a license. Limit is 2 per camper per day. There is also a motel type place there also. I don't have a clue about it though. Bring your own firewood, or buy for 6.00 bundles.

Room Tip: one of the cabins have a fireplace. I believe #23 is the largest to stay in.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank tswife79
Amarillo, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2011

First night tossed and turned all night due to sore pressure points, children also woke up in the morning sore, debated on getting hotel second night however drove to family dollar to get air mattresses and egg crates which helped to make beds more tolerable but still not great...... the cabins need to be updated throughout especially in regards to ceiling and visible water damage and 1960's furniture. In my opinion there is a difference between rustic and rundown and we felt the cabins were the latter. Will not stay again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank mailrn3
Lovelady
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2011

We attend the Red River Family Encampment every year and this was our first year to stay at River Ranch. From the time we drove in we were greeted by friendly folks. Our site was perfect! We pull a 30' Fifth Wheel camper and were is space #37 (our opinion the best spot in the park!). We could see the river that flows through the park right out our door. The ducks were beautiful and the kids enjoyed feeding them. Although our kids did not catch any fish our neighbors did and they were good size fish too! We were allowed to put up our canopy, which we were not allowed to do at another RV park on the other side of Red River. The kids broke a couple of rules (i.e., throwing rocks and riding bikes across a crooked bridge) but these were rules that are meant to keep people safe. We hosted a fish fry at our campsite and our visitors were allowed, after checking in at the office, with no problem. Our site had a picnic table that was not usable, one of the camp hosts came by and I asked if I could get one from an empty site. Within 15 minutes I had a brand new picnic table! All in all these guys are awsome and could not be anymore nicer and accomodating. Thank you River Ranch for a wonderful time and being so gracious and pleasant. You must pick camp hosts by their hospitable ways.

IN HIM,
Robin and CJ Robinson/Texas

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank rccattle
Sedan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2010

Everything at River Ranch was just great till the Kids came by. Vistor poilcy really Sucks, had to go some where else to vist with our Kids. Won't never stay again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank sedanfire
Tulsa, Oklahoma
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2010

Stayed here last year-my husband and I & 2 adult kids & granddaughter, so RV spot and apartment was perfect for us. (NOTE: Cabins are full of mold, etc. - Last year both kids got very ill and they had to move to an apartment-more like a motel room) Mailed check for 2 nites each for reservation over a month earlier. Spoke with the owner 3 times regarding our reservations. Arrived to register & was shown RV spot facing wall at West end of office. Not even enough room for awning, not to mention no view! Was told we could go somewhere else which we did (see Roadrunner RV "Bootcamp" review). The MAIN reason we wanted to stay at River Ranch was so we could all be together like last year and we had already experienced the Nazis at Roadrunner. Also, it was perfect because my handicapped daughter and 5 year old granddaughter could get to the RV easily (without a pass). But my husband and I didn't want to face a wall all week - it sucked. So I asked for my money back and the staff had to call the manager, who wasn't working. He came on his little golf cart and basically told me he didn't care how I felt about things...."there is nothing wrong with the apartment" and he wasn't going to give me my money back! ($160 for the apartment and $69 for the RV spot) for two nights. I tried to explain that we wanted to be together, etc. but he didn't care at all about us and even said as much. I admit (by this time) I had a few choice words for this "individual," but when he walked up to me (5'4") and made complete contact with my whole body, I pushed him away. He said to the others in the office, "See? She pushed me! Call the police!" which they did. Apparently this man has no business sense, not to mention couth. He got my $160, but will never EVER get another cent, and this is after vacationing in Red River for over 30 years! I never saw the owners of this place, but they should take note: most people planning to enjoy a vacation expect to be treated with respect and made to feel welcome. They can enjoy the whopping $160 they stole from me, but I will personally spread the word to anyone who will listen to NEVER visit Red River, NM at River Ranch or Road Runner RV (see review). I would heartily recommend the Copper King (condos), which is wonderful. As a matter of fact someone I work with is planning to stay there (3 rooms) for two weeks in Sept. As of now, my family will be spending the rest of our vacations in Colorado - where we have also traveled (and even owned property) and always been treated well. Susan White, Tulsa, OK

• Stayed August 2010
#22 of 25 in Red River
Edelweiss Condominiums
Edelweiss Condominiums
#3 of 25 in Red River

Been to River Ranch? Share your experiences!