“RV camping at the rivers edge”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of River Ranch

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Red River
River Ranch
Okarche, Oklahoma
“RV camping at the rivers edge”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2012

We have been to Red River numerous times but this is the first time we have pulled a trailer there. We have stayed at the Golden Eagle in the past, tent camped and now with a travel trailer. It worked perfect for us. The state parks do not have full hook-ups so we ended up here. It was a good fit for us. People were extremely friendly. Spots were easy to manuever into. We have family going to Red River next month so I inquired about the cabins. I was told the cabins were built in the 50's and nothing has been upgraded. They suggested bringing egg crate mattress pad for the beds which are full size and your own linens. Everything else is supplied ie... pans toilet paper etc. Not sure on towels probably not though. I did not hear any complaints from any guest. They have sold two of the small cabins and are building more sites for cabins I believe. I do think that the friendly staff would make me want to stay there again. There is a stocked pond that you can fish for trout in with out a license. Limit is 2 per camper per day. There is also a motel type place there also. I don't have a clue about it though. Bring your own firewood, or buy for 6.00 bundles.

Room Tip: one of the cabins have a fireplace. I believe #23 is the largest to stay in.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank tswife79

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Amarillo, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2011

First night tossed and turned all night due to sore pressure points, children also woke up in the morning sore, debated on getting hotel second night however drove to family dollar to get air mattresses and egg crates which helped to make beds more tolerable but still not great...... the cabins need to be updated throughout especially in regards to ceiling and visible water damage and 1960's furniture. In my opinion there is a difference between rustic and rundown and we felt the cabins were the latter. Will not stay again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank mailrn3
Lovelady
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2011

We attend the Red River Family Encampment every year and this was our first year to stay at River Ranch. From the time we drove in we were greeted by friendly folks. Our site was perfect! We pull a 30' Fifth Wheel camper and were is space #37 (our opinion the best spot in the park!). We could see the river that flows through the park right out our door. The ducks were beautiful and the kids enjoyed feeding them. Although our kids did not catch any fish our neighbors did and they were good size fish too! We were allowed to put up our canopy, which we were not allowed to do at another RV park on the other side of Red River. The kids broke a couple of rules (i.e., throwing rocks and riding bikes across a crooked bridge) but these were rules that are meant to keep people safe. We hosted a fish fry at our campsite and our visitors were allowed, after checking in at the office, with no problem. Our site had a picnic table that was not usable, one of the camp hosts came by and I asked if I could get one from an empty site. Within 15 minutes I had a brand new picnic table! All in all these guys are awsome and could not be anymore nicer and accomodating. Thank you River Ranch for a wonderful time and being so gracious and pleasant. You must pick camp hosts by their hospitable ways.

IN HIM,
Robin and CJ Robinson/Texas

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank rccattle
Sedan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2010

Everything at River Ranch was just great till the Kids came by. Vistor poilcy really Sucks, had to go some where else to vist with our Kids. Won't never stay again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank sedanfire
Tulsa, Oklahoma
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2010

Stayed here last year-my husband and I & 2 adult kids & granddaughter, so RV spot and apartment was perfect for us. (NOTE: Cabins are full of mold, etc. - Last year both kids got very ill and they had to move to an apartment-more like a motel room) Mailed check for 2 nites each for reservation over a month earlier. Spoke with the owner 3 times regarding our reservations. Arrived to register & was shown RV spot facing wall at West end of office. Not even enough room for awning, not to mention no view! Was told we could go somewhere else which we did (see Roadrunner RV "Bootcamp" review). The MAIN reason we wanted to stay at River Ranch was so we could all be together like last year and we had already experienced the Nazis at Roadrunner. Also, it was perfect because my handicapped daughter and 5 year old granddaughter could get to the RV easily (without a pass). But my husband and I didn't want to face a wall all week - it sucked. So I asked for my money back and the staff had to call the manager, who wasn't working. He came on his little golf cart and basically told me he didn't care how I felt about things...."there is nothing wrong with the apartment" and he wasn't going to give me my money back! ($160 for the apartment and $69 for the RV spot) for two nights. I tried to explain that we wanted to be together, etc. but he didn't care at all about us and even said as much. I admit (by this time) I had a few choice words for this "individual," but when he walked up to me (5'4") and made complete contact with my whole body, I pushed him away. He said to the others in the office, "See? She pushed me! Call the police!" which they did. Apparently this man has no business sense, not to mention couth. He got my $160, but will never EVER get another cent, and this is after vacationing in Red River for over 30 years! I never saw the owners of this place, but they should take note: most people planning to enjoy a vacation expect to be treated with respect and made to feel welcome. They can enjoy the whopping $160 they stole from me, but I will personally spread the word to anyone who will listen to NEVER visit Red River, NM at River Ranch or Road Runner RV (see review). I would heartily recommend the Copper King (condos), which is wonderful. As a matter of fact someone I work with is planning to stay there (3 rooms) for two weeks in Sept. As of now, my family will be spending the rest of our vacations in Colorado - where we have also traveled (and even owned property) and always been treated well. Susan White, Tulsa, OK

• Stayed August 2010
15 Thank oktrueblue
Memphis, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2010

We checked in on Saturday July 24, 2010 about 4pm. When we checked in we were told that every one had to read the rules and follow them. We were never told about the facilities, nor were we told to have a great stay or welcome to River Ranch. A man showed us where the cabin was, walked in, explained the rules again, and left. We were pulling trailers with four wheelers and we had to park them over by the lake in a field that was filled with Black foul mud and large pot holes that made it difficult to park in much less move a trailer around. The cabin was left a mess, with trash on the floor, clothes in the closets and drawers. The bathroom was the worst!! The toilet was not flushed or cleaned, there was hair in the sink and toilet and shower. There was such a bad water leak that you could here the water under the floor as you walked. There was black mold on the walls of the bathroom and one of the rooms. The stove in the kitchen leaked gas, so we had to keep the gas turned off at the gas line, to keep the fumes down. One of my family members became sick after about three days in the cabin. We were not allowed to park our vehicle at the site of our other family that was staying at the other end of the camp. We were constantly being watched by the park owners, every time we went to hook up to our trailers and any time we were walking in the park. The owners yelled at us from across the lake telling us to move our vehicle, but did not do the same to another camper who was parked in the same area. The people were hateful and unprofessional and I would never waste my money at this place again.

• Stayed July 2010
9 Thank mdclayton
Dallas, TX
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2010

We booked our lodging here since my parents were bringing an RV, and we wanted somewhere with a cabin/hotel and RV lodging both in one spot. When we arrived we were told we could not be out after 10 PM or we would be locked out of the facility. We could not have a campfire at night. We had to have a tag hanging from our mirror, or we would be towed away. It was very much like living on a prison camp. We asked for our money back to move to another facility, but we were denied.

• Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
#6 of 25 in Red River
Sitzmark Lodge
Sitzmark Lodge
#2 of 25 in Red River

Been to River Ranch? Share your experiences!