“Limited cooking skills”

Yesterday's Diner
Ranked #4 of 28 Restaurants in Red River
Cuisines: American
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We were a group of four and turns out 3 out of 4 were satisfied. I ordered the first meal on the list. Eggs, potatoes, bacon, toast. Turns out potatoes is hash brown. The reason why I was surprised is that I learned that New Mexico serves papitos which is small potatoes. So in the establishment that's not so. No problem I just asked if they could take these back and make them crunchy. The waitress was great and said they would just make them fresh. Ten minutes later the waitress states the cook says this is as crunchy as them come. They looked exactly like the first set. I think it would have been better if originally he said he couldn't do it instead of wasting both our times. It's not that the hash brown were done badly it's just that I requested crunchy because thats the way I like them. This is for the Owner. I would not tell your customers that the reason you are there so much is because your employees don't continue to show up. I understand that might be the truth but that info is for your close friends and or people that are going to help you in your business. As for me I was thinking prior to my meal is why do they not show up. Hmm maybe now I know. Is it that you have a cook that has limited skills or is unwilling to do simple request and who knows how he talks to your waitress's.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

This was the first place we went and the biggest mistake. I should have realized it was going to be bad when the cook was in short sleeve shirt. The chicken fried steak tasted kind of funny, but I was hungry. In the middle of the night we got sick like hell, oh and they made the mash potatoes out of left over baked potato. We meet a few people that use to work there and they had nothing good to say about the owner, like !@#$%&. Do not go to this dump to eat, blaaaaaaaaa.

1  Thank CarlosChile1
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Best breakfast in Red River! Awesome green chili sauce! We will be back for lunch for sure. Try the burrito's!

Reviewed September 4, 2013

After eating at the Black Diamond Grill (not recommended) and a ride on the chair lift at the ski area, we as a party of 2 went to Yesterday's Diner for dessert and were pleased with the results.

Dolores, an owner, greeted and welcomed us and then invited us to dine with them that evening. We shared we were there to see what they have and were interested in dessert, and she shared with grace and diligence their offerings. After a tour of the ice cream options in a glass case and hearing a plentiful list of appetizing options, we chose to stay; and Dolores escorted us to a table in the moderate-sized dining room and said she'd have a server with us promptly. Colleen came promptly and we placed our orders with ease for a brownie sundae and apple pie al la mode with decaf coffee.

While we waited--only a few minutes--we noted all the memorabilia on the walls and ceiling as well as a slide show DVD playing with music above the fireplace highlighting activities in Red River. The dining room was not packed, and we were not alone either as 2-3 other parties were dining. I noted the attentiveness and courtesy of the servers with the other customers and was glad to see this.

Colleen brought coffee and then desserts with apology for the brief delay, and these were abundant and presented straight-forwardly. I enjoyed seeing these two served in a classic ("all-American") manner, and both were very good as we shared from each other's plates and finished them entirely. Several others noted them as Colleen made her way to the table, so these also were examples for other customers to see what they would get if they wanted either dessert.

Prices were great and offered a good value at $3.50-4.25 for each dessert. Desserts like these served in city restaurants could get over-priced at $6-9, and we were grateful for the value and welcoming service. Coffee came in a fun mug, and the whole experience was very much like being in a hometown diner or visiting with friends. And even when one of the desserts was priced under what the menu said, Colleen was quick and attentive in getting the mistake and restoring integrity to our bill.

We also took note of their menu, which is quite varied with classic diner and comfort food items, and the fun and sensibility Dolores and her staff brought to the names and organizations for menu items, the diversity, and the prices.

With gratitude, we recommend this establishment and look forward to being with Dolores and her staff for a meal or even just dessert again.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Try the place for a flash back of yesterday. Good food with a pleasent atmospher. The food is great.

1  Thank jimmybooth1974