“Very welcoming, good food and hot chocolate!!”
Review of Mountain Treasures

Mountain Treasures
Ranked #9 of 28 Restaurants in Red River
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Mountain Treasures has a huge menu of wonderful homemade soups, made-to-order deli sandwiches (like ruebens, chicken-fried steak sandwiches and muffalettas)on fresh, "housemade" baked breads. The delightful smell of Kolaches, cinnamon rolls, turnovers, and cookies flow through the whole place and you may find them hard to turn down! Entrees include fried chicken with fries & Texas toast as well as catfish with hush puppies & fries. Our coffee shop serves steaming cappuccinos, lattes, and fresh house coffee as well as fresh-fruit smoothies. We've proudly served visitors and locals for 12 years on Main Street right in the middle of town across from the Community House.
Duncan, Oklahoma
“Very welcoming, good food and hot chocolate!!”
Reviewed June 25, 2014

My mom and I were walking around town while others skiied. We had my 3 yr old with us and wanted a snack. They had awesome hot chocolate and they made him a grilled cheese and he actually ate all of it. We just had a snack but if I ever go to Red River again I will eat a full meal here. Their baked goods looked great. Also very nice people. I am not an overly social person but these people really made you feel welcomed.

• Visited January 2014

“Plenty of food for your money”
Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

Delicious food. Nice atmosphere. Friendly people who work here. Patio is pet friendly. Big hearty servings. Worth the money. To go packages amazing. Not cheap and tacky. Cookies delicious. Kids loved the food and was extraordinary. easy access to restaurant. Quick service.

San Jose, California
“Relax and snack”
Reviewed June 6, 2014

Good place to kill some time during the day.

Simple food but good. A proper cafe.

Something for every mood from savory to sweet.

• Visited March 2014
McKinney, Texas
“Lunch spot”
Reviewed June 6, 2014

We stopped in for lunch while visiting Red River one afternoon this past week. It was a cute little spot, and we all had sandwiches for lunch. They were good -- but I have to say that they were nothing extra special. I had a BLT, and the menu specifically said it was made with mayonnaise. After eating half my sandwich, thinking to myself, "Gee, this is kind of dry," I realized that it was exactly that . . . dry. While the waitress was really sorry, one of my lunch mates was the one that went and got the mayonnaise for me to finish my sandwich.

The waitress came back to say that the chef was not used to their new menu, which specified the mayo on the sandwich, but really, doesn't EVERY RESTAURANT IN THE WORLD that serves a BLT put mayo on it?

However, my lunch mates really enjoyed their lunches -- I think two of them had tuna, and one had a salad. The salad had cubed cheese on it -- LOTS of cubed cheese. She ended up leaving probably a 1/4 pound of cheese on her plate.

All in all, okay.

• Visited June 2014
Las Cruces, New Mexico
“Home made soup, great bread, nice people AND wine!!!”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

We had lunch here today - homemade chicken "noodle" (almost dumplings) and bean/ham soup
w cornbread. OMG = delicious. Casual, cute, HUGE bowls of soup. Just perfect on a snowy May day. Place was recommended by our motel...good one!!

• Visited May 2014