“Great Family Vacation!”
Review of Three Bears Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Red River
Three Bears Lodge
Watauga, Texas, United States
“Great Family Vacation!”
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Our family just returned from our visit to Red River. Three Bears is conveniently located in the center of town and is within walking distance of shopping,restaurants, the river, and the mountains! The owners respect your privacy yet provide you with anything that you need should you ask. The only thing I wish I had know ahead of time was the lack of A/C. Which seems to be the norm in the mountain community! I wuold suggest bringing a fan to circulate the air in the evenings. Other than that, the stay was simply awesome!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Los angeles, ca
Reviewed May 30, 2012

My friends and I came up for a ski vacation and absolutely fell in love with this place! It's family owned and run, so it's a great atmosphere. The cabins are really cute and cozy with nice amenities. The lodge owners are accommodating and helpful (and british!)...and they make you feel right at home. We had fun sitting out at the fire pit after a long day of skiing. My friends and I will definitely be back soon!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Kelly B
San Antoio, Tx
Reviewed April 30, 2012

Great owners, very friendly. The cabins are just very old..they have updated and tried. Needed a deep cleaning- behind furniture, in drawers,lampshades etc. Good view at the end of a ski slope and cabin fully equiped. Great Franklin stove and plenty of wood-free.S'mores by the fire a great touch.
For the buck we will stay at the one right by them newer..Copper-something.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Staro311
Edmond, OK
Reviewed March 4, 2012

2nd time at 3 Bears for my husband, mom, son, and me. The shower and stove have been upgraded since our last visit. We stayed in cabin 5 again and really enjoyed the view of the lift and the deer. We lit a fire in the evenings which was really nice. We also cooked most of our meals during the trip and the kitchen had all utensils we needed. We brought our own crockpot. Chris and Debbie are very lovely people and you can tell they really want to take care of their guests.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank worleygirl
COLLEGE STATION
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Really enjoyed our time there. Chris and Debbie were extremely helpful with information and insite on where to go and what to do. We rented a two bedroom cabin for four of us and were very comfortable. They have fixed the place up since aquiring it a few years back and it presents very well.
Busted my butt on the ice while unloading the car but my bad. Hey its' winter and thats' what happens in winter. It did make me more observant though.
The wood burning stove was a welcome touch in the evenings.
My family really appreciated them making room for us to change, even though we had checked out, on our last day when we decided to get an extra morning skiing on (and in) the new snow!
Thanks Guys and hope to see you next year!

Room Tip: Both cabins I saw (our 2 br and and efficiency) were immaculate and very cozy. If they are indicati...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank KitTexas
Eagle Lake, TX
Reviewed February 12, 2012

My family loved the cabin and it had plenty of room for all five us - we rented the two room cabin for a week. Chris and Debbie were fabulous - they provided many tips for our first trip to Red River and helped us jump in and start having fun immediately. My kids loved the s'mores and playing with other kids during the s'mores time. This was our first trip to Red River and we hope to return soon. When we return, we plan to stay at Three Bears again. We had a great time!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Round Rock, Texas
Reviewed January 3, 2012

I stumbled upon 3 Bears Lodge when looking for a place to stay for our first visit to Red River. Boy was it a great find! Chris and Debbie are wonderful hosts. The cabin was immaculately clean and perfect for our family of 4! Smores in the evening around the fire were one of many highlights for our boys. They even had snow discs in the tool shed for the kids to use and the huge snow mound at the end of the cabins provided hours of free entertainment in the evenings :-)

Also, if you need ski or snowboard lessons, be sure to ask for Tom (snowboarding) or Chris (skiing) when booking your private lessons through the Red River Ski Area. You will NOT be disappointed! I was a never ever skier and after a 3 hour private lesson with Chris, I was skiing Blues easy and having a blast! Our 8 year old son was a never ever snowboarder and he too was snowboarding greens easy and blues with some help from mom & dad!

We are already looking forward to our next trip to 3 Bears Lodge and Red River!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Laguna Vista Lodge
#1 of 4 in Eagle Nest
The Lodge at Angel Fire Resort
The Historic Taos Inn

Been to Three Bears Lodge? Share your experiences!