“Family Ski Trip-Mardi Gras 2013”
Review of Arrowhead Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Red River
Arrowhead Lodge
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Red River
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Our family came to ski and all stayed here. Everything we wished for...walk to the ski lift, or grills, or town. Plenty of firewood for our wonderful fireplace in #5, beds were great, huge kitchen and everything we needed, cozy and warm. The owners treated us like family, and were happy to help us with anything we needed. We stayed 4 nights and wished we could stay longer, and will definitely be back, maybe this spring, to fish and bring the ATV. We loved it!!!

Room Tip: Cabin #5 if big and roomy
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
JP K, Owner at Arrowhead Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Thank you very much. We enjoyed having you. BTW, the gumbo was great.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

We stayed there the 1st week in January 2013. The rooms were comfortable. The beds were are comfortable. The rooms were very warm which was important since we had temps in the negative range each morning. Loved being able to park right by the door which made loading/unloading so easy. The kitchen had everything I needed to make home cooked meals which tasted amazing after skiing all day. They are right next to the lifts and the ski rental area. My kids also loved it was a short walk to Playland which is a great evening time for them. Great Price to boot & friendly owners. We'll be back for sure.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank jackuhl

Thanks. We are happy that you enjoyed the whole experience.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

Me and a friend stayed here to go skiing, it's very close to the lifts and town. The owners are wonderful friendly and very helpful. I would stay here over and over. Not as pricey as the other places to stay. Very clean rooms. They have a Facebook under Arrowhead Lodge Red River but they are still building it up.

Room Tip: You can go to their website and see pictures of all the rooms.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank lovestocamp55
JP K, Owner at Arrowhead Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2013

We love perceptive people. Thanks.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

My son and I have been to Red River 4 times. Three of these times we have stayed at Arrowhead. Great place the people that run it are awesome. the rooms are always nice neat and clean. Love the outdoor firepit. Just a fun place to stay. You can walk anywhere. You never worry about you stuff left outside the door for drying. again great place and great people

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank lisacolene68

Thank you very much. We are working to make it even better.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

I spent two nights in one of the rooms that had a fireplace. It was great to build a fire and go to sleep listening to the crackling. Firewood is free, in a big pile outside the office.

For about $70 a night, this is probably one of the best deals you'll find in Red River. I think it's a little expensive, since the room has a lot of old wood paneling and a tiny shower, but I guess you're paying for the location.

I was also disappointed that the wifi didn't work, which was a big inconvenience (I had to drive down to the library to find free wifi). I spent some time in the office with the owners, who are incredibly nice and helpful, but we weren't able to figure out why I couldn't connect. Hopefully the problem has been fixed by now.

One more thing: the motel is almost hidden, and can be difficult to find. From town, head towards the ski area (Pioneer Road), turn right before entering the parking lot (go around the restaurant/pool hall), then follow that road all the way to the end. Just before it turns to dirt and goes up the hill, you'll find the entrance to the motel parking lot.

Room Tip: Ask for the fireplace!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank edisoncarter23
JP K, Owner at Arrowhead Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2012

I didn't ;understand the "probably one of the best deals you find in Red River" and "I think it's a little expensive, since the room has alot of old wood paneling and a tiny shower." I'm a short fat guy and I fit nicely in the shower. (One person at a time, please!) As to the paneling's age. It is definitely too young for carbon dating, so I asked it how old it was. It didn't reply, so I assume that it is too young to talk. All seriousness aside, Look at the pictures of unit 13 on our website. I think it is nice looking paneling and differentiates us from the big box chains.

There is nothing wrong with our Wifi. Some computers won't connect, but that is somewhat normal with some computers. I won't change the settings on your 'puter, so you can get on, but I will tell you how. You don't want anyone whose Tribal name is "Ten Thumbs" messing with your computer anyway.

Signed,

Beautiful and Available in Red River

Reviewed August 20, 2012

This was our first stay in Red River. We did not know the town or the lodging available. Since there was a music festival a place to stay was hard to find and we stumbled across the Arrowhead Lodge. We had no idea if this was going to be a good experience. But it was!

The owner was very friendly over the phone which gave us some confidence. He was easy to talk to and very hospitable. Our room was clean and in good repair. The beds were comfortable. The decor was cozy mountain lodge type. The price was great. Many lodges in Red River line main street. But this one is about one block away from main street and two ski lifts. But it is nestled against a hillside where it is quiet . . no traffic noise or tourists passing by. There is plenty of parking and we loved the fact that we could park right in front of our room. The lodge looked nice from the outside. And the proprietors were as friendly in person as they were over the phone.

We would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Valerie S

Extremely perceptive. Thanks.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

I stayed at the Arrowhead lodge in Red River after reading the other reviews on TripAdvisor. Wow, not at all what I expected. The room was out of date, but clean. The room was small. The satilite TV had 3 channels. The handles on the shower turned the wrong way. Not a problem for me, but created some issues for my 6yr old.

If you have seen the movie "No Country for Old Men" this room is very reminesent of the motel. Thin faux wood panneling walls, and old carpet. I was hoping for a diamond in the rough,but just found clean rough room.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 9, maybe the other are better.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
JP K, Owner at Arrowhead Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2012

An average evaluation might be in order. However,, as technologically challenged as I am, I stopped counting at 50+ channels using the remote on the TV in room 9. Most of them I wouldn't want to watch, but we supposedly have nearly 150 channels, according to Direct TV.
I looked up faux paneling, and am still not sure what it is. The paneling in that room is over sheet rock, so I don't know how the thickness was determined, unless they were pushing or hitting on the wall, which I don't understand the reason for.
I also don't understand the middle mark on cleanliness, when the fact that it was clean is mentioned twice in the review.

The value and size comments are subjective. $60 per night in a resort town seems reasonable for a room, even if it was small and dated, ( we prefer to consider it cozy, quaint and period, for an old lodge.)

Our location appeals to most. We are three blocks from main street and backed up to the forest, We think that our seclusion is a great asset..

Since I don't fully understand the reasoning behind the sleep quality rating, I can't address it adequately.

If anything is wrong with our TVs, rooms, service, etc., you should let us know, at the time. We should be able to address it and make you happy.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Red River
#1 of 4 in Eagle Nest
Golden Eagle Lodge
Golden Eagle Lodge
#6 of 9 in Red River

Been to Arrowhead Lodge? Share your experiences!