“Great food and super friendly staff.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #17 of 27 Restaurants in Red River
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout
Description: We invite you to come in and warm up by the fireplace. Join us for our specialty. A hearty, delicious breakfast before you hit the slopes for excellent skiing. Then hit the local restaurants for their dinner specialties. Be safe and enjoy your stay in Red River!!
“Great food and super friendly staff.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

Excellent Breakfast. Can't go wrong And they make fresh donuts. We ordered to much. Everything was made fresh to order.

1 Thank Sendee66
redrivercookie, Manager at T Buck’s Hole Thing Donut Shop, responded to this review, April 5, 2014
Thank you so much for visiting T'Buck's and for taking time to leave a review. Glad you enjoyed the Hilltop. It is one of the favorites. Please come in again when you come back to Red River. Hope to see you this summer!

Fort Worth, Texas
“Great Service and Food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

We stopped by on our way out of town to grab something for a quick breakfast. The service was great and the staff made sure that we had everything we needed before heading out the door. To top it all off, the donuts were delicious! Will definitely visit again

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much. It was our pleasure to serve you and your family. Thank you for stopping in and for leaving a review. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon.
Beaumont, Texas
“Some good food but poor customer service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013

We were there maybe three times in July because it was one of the few places open in the morning. There is a dish called something like "the hill top", it was so good! They have a pastry called the sombrero which is huge and also tastes really good. One of the times we almost did not get a pastry because someone bought almost all of them. The bad part about the restaurant was the service. The man who was the hostess was rude. He would just put his hand out asking you to wait, but would not tell you one word. Then he would call you with his hand and change his mind, wave you off and make you wait again. This was every time. Also, they have breakfast specials before a certain time and we were trying to order one but the waitresses ignored us when we told them we wanted to get that special like they did not want us to get it. So finally one came by our table with one minute left to the special and we still ordered it, she was not happy but she made us wait so it was not our fault. If their customer service were better they would get much better reviews.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Charlie1777
redrivercookie, Manager at T Buck’s Hole Thing Donut Shop, responded to this review, December 24, 2013
Thank you so much for visiting our restaurant while you were in Red River. We don't have a pastry called the sombrero, so not sure what happened there. Sorry you were unable to get the pastries you wanted. You are welcome to order your donuts ahead of time and we will be more than happy to save them for you. I'm sorry about the service issues you were faced with. We are working on it and appreciate your input. As for the special, we do not really hold that tight to the deadline, so it is unacceptable that you felt like you were being put off. We do that in order to encourage folks to come in earlier and if you are close, you should get the discount. Please give us another chance and we will make it up to you. Thank you again for your business.
Amarillo, Texas
“Awesome, Excellent, Wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2013

Awesome Breakfast, Excellent Wait Staff and the Doughnuts are homemade fresh every morning and the whole town knows it........so those of you who are complaining about them running out....Get you lazy selves out of bed and get down there early...everyone knows that. We eat breakfast here everytime we come to Red River and take our doughnuts to go....It's a must do. I do not have a problem waiting to be seated or served. This is a home town/owned business and they take very good care of their customers. If you sleep in, you are going to wait in line......it's that good.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
redrivercookie, Manager at T Buck’s Hole Thing Donut Shop, responded to this review, November 17, 2013
Thank you so much. We appreciate your visit to our restaurant and especially appreciate your return visits. You are also welcome to order donuts ahead of time and we will put them back for you so that you do not have to wait in line. Please give us a "holler" when you come in again, we want to meet you. We will be in the kitchen most likely! Thank you again
Corrales, New Mexico
“Overall poor experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

Stopped in here upon the recommendation of the Barista at The Way who said that the breakfast here was quite good. I found it to be a very poor experience from start to finish. I entered and stood by the "Please wait to be served" sign and no one greeted me for a number of minutes. The staff averted their eyes and did not smile or anything. Finally, I was seated in the corner about ten minutes after nine figuring that a busy place like this would serve the food in a timely manner as I had to check out of my hotel by 10:00am. I looked over the menu and several minutes went by with waitresses passing by in front of me without acknowledging me or greeting me. This was about 15 minutes after entering the restaurant. Finally, a waitress approached and took my order. I looked at my watch and said to myself, "Okay, hopefully this won't take long". Another 20 minutes passed and I still did not have my food. I said to myself, "The heck with this and got up from the table to leave." I was on my way out when I saw my waitress bringing the food. I turned around and decided to eat it quickly. The food was small portions and of low quality. I ordered fruit expecting cut melon, grapes, etc. and was served a small bowl of canned peaches. I HATE peaches and would have appreciated it if the waitress had mentioned this at the time I ordered. The eggs were done as ordered but the bacon was thin and of cheap quality. I ordered pancakes expecting plate-sized portions but they served two of about four inches in diameter which were cold and tasteless to boot. No one came back to check to see if everything was fine or not and no one refilled my water glass the entire time. Obviously no tip deserved here. The breakfasts are expensive and a poor value. I can get a far better and more filling breakfast at the Mule Cafe in Albuquerque for a couple of bucks less. This place has phrases about God plastered all over their menu and they would do much better if they practiced The Golden Rule in dealing with the customers which are the lifeblood of their business. I would strongly recommend avoiding this place and certainly will not patronize this business the next time I am in Red River.

• Visited October 2013