“Donut Disappointment”

T Buck’s Hole Thing Donut Shop
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: We invite you to come in and warm up by the fireplace. Join us for our specialty. A hearty, delicious breakfast before you hit the slopes for excellent skiing. Then hit the local restaurants for their dinner specialties. Be safe and enjoy your stay in Red River!!
Reviewed June 13, 2013

When we finally found this place open (in the morning), they had a very small selection of donuts. They were all basically the same, just different shapes. There was an apple fritter, I think and then a few that were glazed. We had stopped a few times and missed them altogether, but I was disappointed that when we finally got there early in the morning, they didn't have much to choose from, and no plans to make more. I understand that they don't want to waste it if they are not busy, but I was surprised that a donut place wouldn't have any donuts.

redrivercookie, Manager at T Buck’s Hole Thing Donut Shop, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2013

I'm sorry we were almost out of donuts when you were in town. We hand make our donuts, I hope you at least tried something from the selection we did have. When you come back to town, you are welcome to come in early and see what is involved in making the donuts, so you can better understand why we only make them once a day. Then we move to the kitchen to cook breakfast. We encourage our customers to order in advance to insure their choice of pastries. Thank you for coming in. Please come back next time you visit Red River

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Many years ago i called in to Red River,On my way to Taos.

I am from New Zealand and we are very friendly people

I met Lisa there and we became friends and we still keep in contact.
As I was in retail businesses, I always am aware of the way staff greet and assist customers.

I was spoilt and enjoyed all my visits.
I stay in the area for a few weeks and was a regular at the Donut shop.
Of course Lisa smile also brought me back!!
I miss you all Trevor smith

redrivercookie, Manager at T Buck’s Hole Thing Donut Shop, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2013

I apologize for not responding sooner, I really thought I had done so. Thank you very much for coming in for breakfast. We appreciate your business and are happy you enjoyed your visit.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Our first stop when we arrived in Red River! It was delicious! The waitresses were so friendly and the owner came out and talked to us for a while. Super nice people and the food was great!

redrivercookie, Manager at T Buck’s Hole Thing Donut Shop, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2013

Thank you so much, we appreciate your business. Glad you stopped in to see us.

Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

Came for the donuts and they were sold out before 9am. Nothing special here, just average bland breakfast.

Thank you for dropping in during your visit to Red River. We appreciate your business. In the future, should you return to Red River, it is very easy to "count on a donut" We are not Krispy Creme. We are a small town donut shop. We make our donuts right here, but can not make the same volume that the big city places do. All you have to do is order your donuts the day before and we will gladly save them for you. Pick them up when you are ready. We serve a full breakfast also, with your choice of New Mexico's favorite sauces to keep your breakfast from being bland. We are a very special place, we love our customers!!

Reviewed January 10, 2013

We are tourists so we had never been here before. When we walked in they stupidly asked if we wanted breakfast and I said well is that all you have and she just stared at me like I was an idiot and said did u read the sign ? I'm thinking I have half a nerve to come across this counter lady!! Anyways we sat down and the staff was old and slow and senile. When we finally got out food it was cold and dried out and just disgusting my husband is fat an eats anything, he wouldn't touch his breakfast. It was overal just disgusting and the weight staff is lousy. If your so fat that you can't walk around and serve people wthout sweating and huffing ad puffing then maybe you should think about laying off the dounuts

redrivercookie, Manager at T Buck’s Hole Thing Donut Shop, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2013

Thank you visiting our restaurant and we hope you enjoyed you stay in Red River. We always ask our customers if they would like breakfast or donuts, because we generally have both when the town is busy. We strive to please our customers, and make a point to get to know them, have fun with them and offer a pleasant experience. We appologize that we do not have anything to treat your PMS with. We do pray for all our customers , so it is possible you will feel the need to become a more considerate, caring person yourself. Our waitresses are hard workers, who both have multiple jobs, and are caring for aging parents. I'm sorry you were not their only priority on that day. Please feel free to give us another chance to serve you. If there is a problem, have the backbone to discuss it with the owner, she will make sure to make it right.