Hotel Ryland
Best Western Rivers Edge(Red River)(Great Value!)
$90
$87
Agoda.com
Three Bears Lodge(Red River)(Great Value!)
$65
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Fitness center
Ponderosa Lodge(Red River)
No availability for your dates from our partners
TripAdvisor
All reviewsthe penthousefire pitbloody mary barhomemade cookiesroom conditionwelcome bagcozy hotelclean comfortable roomscomplimentary bikesside yardrecommend hotelsummer family vacationin townamazing hospitalitytwo thumbsseparate bedroomswing set
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 15, 2009

New owners. They were pleasant and helpful. But the descriptions I read here did not reflect our visit.

We were running late and tried to call the hotel, but all numbers on their printed material did not work. They said they are working on that. We arrived past 9 PM and were told taxes had gone up in town and we owed another $30. Then we found out all restaurants in town close at 9 PM and there was nowhere to get any dinner. However, we went out to walk on the Main Street which was full of Music from the bars and accidentally met the owner of the rib shop who opened up so we could get Ribs to go!

Our suite: Hard beds Tiny bedrooms! Sofa was a futon which kept slipping off the frame.
All other chairs were kitchen table chairs. No screens in bedroom windows and you need them open at night because of no air conditioning. So you get bugs. Front door lock was broken .Nothing was up to date or matched in the rooms. Kitchen was adequate.

The Inn was full and they are limited on parking. We ended up parking on the street or in an unlighted , unpaved side yard.

The cleaning ladies were nice and helpful.

The free historical tour of the town on the streetcar was fun. Townspeople were friendly and wandering around shopping was fun for a day. The town has added lots of little family attractions. Gorgeous countryside.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank DadAZ
Reviewed February 22, 2009

I wish we would've went there for our ski trip this year. We instead tried a new resort and was very disappointed. The Lazy Miner is unsurpassed in friendliness, price and coziness. We had the upstairs suite that faced the street. The quaint shops surrounding the motel makes for a nice view. The balcony with seating was next to our room where we could hang out. We had a little den with a sofa bed (which was VERY comfortable where I fell asleep one night watching TV) in front of the fireplace. I desperately want to return.

• Stayed: January 2006, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TexasMist
Reviewed October 7, 2007

Somewhat dated but friendly staff, very hospitable. Rooms were clean, spacious and pretty well equipped. Location is great for access to town. Nice grassy area to relax (and grill), playground is a little old (but that didn't stop our kids). Great deal for the money, I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
2  Thank FamilyGuy_7
Reviewed April 13, 2007

My family and I are new residents to the state of NM moving here only a year ago from NC. We live in Rio Rancho and since my husband had to go into the Northern Mountains of NM for business my girls and I decided to go with him to see this part of NM. It was Good Friday and schools and most businesses were closed. We extremely enjoyed the Mountains and Scenery of this part of the state. We were waiting patiently for God to show us His Glory along the way in means of any type of Wild Life. It got late in the day and we were going to head home when I begged my husband to drive through Red River since we were already so close. When we came upon Lazy Minor Lodge we felt "right at home". We decided to call it a day and rest there that evening. The owner, Richard Green was so pleasant. He showed us our room and stated that anytime now the deer would come feed and we'd enjoy the "show" from our room! A short time later several wild deer came to eat the feed Richard had out for them right in front of our room! My family & I were in awe of God's Glory!!! We even got to feed the deer our favorite Pink Lady Apples! What a day! It was the best Good Friday ever! Thanks Richard and Mary for a wonderful evening.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank SuzRioRancho
A TripAdvisor Member
Roanoke Tx
Reviewed March 14, 2004

We have stayed at Lazy Miner Lodge on numerous occasions. We go to Red River at least once a year and always stay at the Lazy Miner. The innkeepers, Richard and Mary, always make you feel at home and just like you are cherished family members. The accomodations while rustic, have all the comforts of home and are comparable in condition to many other places in Red River that are much more expensive. We wholeheartedly recommend Lazy Miner to anyone.

13  Thank A TripAdvisor Member