“Pulled pork was outstanding and generous servings”
Review of SmokeHouse

SmokeHouse
Ranked #2 of 30 Restaurants in Red River
Description: Nestled in the heart of Red River at the base of Red River ski area. Slow and low Smoked BBQ. Sandwiches, Fresh 1/2 lb Burgers. Daily Specials, Kids Menu, Appetizers and Desserts. Beer, wine, bloody Mary's and margaritas.
Reviewed October 4, 2018

Saw a review in the Mew Mexico Makers magazine Sept 2018 issue that rated the Smokehouse as one of New Mexico's 10 best BBQ. We wouldn't argue with that. We've had Texas BBQ from Luling and BBQ in Nashville that are outstanding and this is right up there with them.
Cassie was our server, greeted us warmly when we walked in and explained all the details of the day. This time of year is quite, between summer and the winter so the place was pretty empty which actually gave us a chance to talk to Cassie a bit about the restaurant and the area. She was attentive after we got our food as well.
We ordered the pulled pork sandwiches and fries and the helping was very generous. The fries were done to perfection and had some skins on them to give them texture.
The pork was seasoned perfectly and tender, enough so that I didn't even care to put their bbq sauce on.
We left quite full and still took home some of our fries and sandwich.
We would definitely return but since the place is up for sale, it probably won't be there when and if we get to Red River again. They have been in business for 33 years if I heard right and the owner wants to retire. We get it! Best wishes, wish we had know about you on our last 2 trips to Santa Fe.

1  Thank Barb H
Cary T, Owner at SmokeHouse, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a awesome review!! I have mixed emotions with the Smokehouse up for sale. I put my heart & soul in every ounce of food that hits our customers plates. I love what I do and have been in the restaurant business for over 20 years. I have lived in Red River for 33 years and am ready for a change in life wherever it might take me. Its reviews like yours that keep me going and feel proud of the accomplishments it took to get to this point. Thanks again. Cary

Reviewed October 2, 2018 via mobile

I have reviewed the Smokehouse before, but this time we ordered the beef brisket plate. Let me tell you, I come from a family that smokes brisket, but that is the best I have ever had! The portion was enormous, the cole slaw excellent, perfect onion rings! The house BBQ sauce is wonderful! There is also a full bar. The decor a plus!If you go to Red River, the Smokehouse is the place.

Cary T, Owner at SmokeHouse, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2018

I take a lot of pride in my BBQ process, and we have the best in NM!! Coleslaw made fresh from scratch, each onion ring is hand dipped in our famous beer batter made to order and the BBQ sauce is a family recipe that only 3 people know. Thanks for noticing EVERYTHING, that's what keeps us going, appreciate you taking the time to leave us a awesome review. Cary.

Reviewed October 2, 2018

Wanted to try this place so went in for lunch. I wanted a burger but the waitress told me I needed to try the smoked meatloaf. Thank you, thank you, thank you!! Amazing! My wife had the smoked brisket and it was good also.

1  Thank James A
Cary T, Owner at SmokeHouse, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2018

Burger?? In a BBQ joint?? Lol Yes they are 1/2 lb fresh patties and the best in town but the meatloaf is not what your Mom makes and is mouthwatering!! One of my top sellers. See ya soon. Cary

Reviewed October 1, 2018

we wandered into this place based on recommendations of locals. we were met immediately and seated right away. the specials were explained very clearly. we ordered the 3 meat combo with potato salad and it was all delicious! we were also able to talk to the staff about local happenings and they provided several recommendations which we followed.

1  Thank dan83274
Cary T, Owner at SmokeHouse, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2018

Glad you enjoyed your experience with us and hope you found plenty of fun things to do!! See ya soon and thanks for the review!! Cary

Reviewed September 28, 2018 via mobile

Food and staff were all beyond good. Really nice owners. Everything looked and smelled amazing. I’ll be back for the smoked brisket for sure.

Cary T, Owner at SmokeHouse, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2018

We want you to feel like family here at the Smokehouse. We have some of the best BBQ in New Mexico, smoked 20 hours!! Thanks for taking the time to leave us a awesome review. Cary