“Italian food on the mountain”
Review of Capo's Corner

Capo's Corner
Ranked #10 of 28 Restaurants in Red River
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Nice atmosphere, right near the main lodge. Pretty good food. You can definately split a plate, portions are good. Drinks were very expensive.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Best restaurant in town! The food is excellent, the location is great, but the service is off the charts. They take pride in their service like no other place around. From the waiters, to the manager, to the owner....they all check on you and make sure that you have everything you need. You will not leave Capo's hungry or thirsty.

I was there a year ago and a couple of local guys came in, probably 18-21 years of age. I'm sure they'd been there before. They were just talking to each other but they were being loud and obnoxious, one expletive after another. After a couple of minutes the manager came over to them, whisper to them to quiet down or they would be asked to leave. Never heard a word from them again. No one had gone and complained to owner or management. The owner or manager just noticed what was going on and took care of it in a discreet but effective way. This is how you run a restaurant, or any business for that matter. If I spend three days in Red River, I will usually be at Capo's at least 3 times. These are the type of people that I prefer to give my hard earned money to.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Best italian food for 200 miles. Service was quick and attentive. Price is more than reasonable. Calzones are out of this world delicious.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

As a small family group we had dinner here last week after being told by two different desk clerks at our quite nearby Best Western that it was an excellent restaurant and would give BW guests a ten percent discount. The first disappointment was the very limited number of menu selections for an Italian restaurant. The second was the truly bad carafe of house red, which I should, of course, have expected. But the biggest disappointment was my supposedly meat lasagna which, while flavorful, was purely vegetarian. When I remarked on the lack of meat, two others at the table tasted it and agreed they could detect not the tiniest smidgen of meat.

If you're looking for nothing more than ski resort pizza and beer this place should do you fine. Beyond that I don't think so. To cap off this so-so dining experience, I forgot to ask for my discount.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Capo's was right down the street from the Copper King Lodge so it was very convenient to go and order take out pizza. We had the supreme which was excellent, fast service was a bonus for our tired and hungry group of skiiers.